E.on to hike dual-fuel energy prices by 8.8% next month

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
5 replies 1K views
Former_MSE_FayeFormer_MSE_Faye Former MSE
147 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
The 'big six' energy supplier has become the latest firm to hike bills for homes on standard variable tariffs...
Read the full story:
'E.on to hike dual-fuel energy prices by 8.8% next month'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
See the latest news from MoneySavingExpertNews
Follow the MSE on Twitter: @MoneySavingExp
Get Martin's Money Tips
Join the MSE Forum

Replies

• I've been trying to move away from Eon for about 3 months - but after trying to switch to two different companies the switch has been rejected. I called Eon and the issue has been resolved on their end both times but then the switch still hasn't gone through. I am not in arrears. Apparently the issue is that the new companies are only applying for 1 MPAN number and we have 2 at out property... but we have done everything to resolve thie issue with the switch providers (so very many hours on the phone) and still no joy.

Anyone been through this? Anyone know the best course of action? As an estimate it's cost us an extra £30-50 because of all of the delays...
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_HelenaE.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to move away from Eon for about 3 months - but after trying to switch to two different companies the switch has been rejected. I called Eon and the issue has been resolved on their end both times but then the switch still hasn't gone through. I am not in arrears. Apparently the issue is that the new companies are only applying for 1 MPAN number and we have 2 at out property... but we have done everything to resolve thie issue with the switch providers (so very many hours on the phone) and still no joy.

Anyone been through this? Anyone know the best course of action? As an estimate it's cost us an extra £30-50 because of all of the delays...

[FONT=&quot]Hiya Tomsupersaver,

It sounds like you maybe have what's known as a complex meter, something like an RHT, Economy 10, or Heatwise?

These set up's often have two MPANS and your new supplier needs to take both for the switch to go through.

Not all companies can support complex meters and it's a case of ringing them individually and checking that they can and doing a quote over the phone.

We do only have the one tariff available for each of these sorts of meters and they don't show on comparison sites.

I'm sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick about the meter.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Thank you[/FONT]

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone been through this? Anyone know the best course of action?
    Get your meter, and wiring as necessary, changed to a single MPAN either single rate or E7. That is your only real option.
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to the subject.

At least they are blaming OFGEM and the government and not brexit for the increased costs.
  • LinguaLingua Forumite
    208 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭
    molerat wrote: »
    Back to the subject.

At least they are blaming OFGEM and the government and not brexit for the increased costs.

Although they do seem to have taken a note of the excuses used by Australian power companies for their price increases: "renewables" and "government mandates" etc.

Their marketing team must be getting bonuses up to their ears!

Lingua
    Long-Term Goal: £23'000 / £40'000 mortgage downpayment (2020)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides