Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Amazing Mother's day gift Sponsor a safe birth with Maternity Worldwide £15

lilmiss1982
lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
For the ultimate alternative Mother's day gift, why not sponsor a safe birth for a mother and her baby in Africa?

It can be a struggle to find a lasting and meaningful gift to give to someone you care for. A Safe Birth Certificate will continue long after the chocolates have been eaten and the flowers have died – your gift will have helped to save a mother.

This Mother’s Day you can help to make a real difference in honour of your loved one with one of our alternative gift certificates. We will personalise the certificate with your special message and you will have helped to save the life of a mother and her baby in Africa. Certificates can be sent directly to your loved one or to you by email or post for a special delivery this Mother’s Day.

I hope this appeals to some people.

I know charity gifts aren't every ones's cup of tea and people have there own preferred charities they donate too but I thought some people might like it. I have received this from my kids and thought it was lovely. I also sent my mum one and she loved her's too.

Also these are ideal if you've left it to the last minute.

***New digital certificates can be instantly emailed to you or the recipient – perfect for a last minute gift!***

http://www.maternityworldwide.org/news/mothers-day/
For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.

Comments

• SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Why is this on the Grabbit section?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    SnowyOwl wrote: »
    Why is this on the Grabbit section?
    The traffic on the charity board is low. It's usually on Grabbit.

Maternal and infant mortality is still far too high in some parts of the world. This is a very worthwhile cause, and a much better investment than unwanted material gifts.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I tend to agree that as this is not a 'hot bargain', which is what Grabbit is for, that it should really be on the Charities board.

In previous years threads relating to this offer have been on the Charities board so I will move this thread to there.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Still time to post a similar thread on the special occasions board because I think that it will get more views there.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure