Who do I make the PPI Claim against

Options
Hi,

I am in the process of claiming for my PPI and not sure who to make the claim against. Our mortgage was with Halifax, however a mortgage broker through Sesame dealt with the application for us. The broker also sorted out our insurances, including an accident, sickness and unemployment policy (PPI). The insurance was with Royal and Sun Alliance. So who is the claim against? Sesame Ltd (mortgage broker), Royal and Sun Alliance (insurance company) or Halifax (Mortgage Provider)?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    however a mortgage broker through Sesame dealt with the application for us.

If it is before 2005 then you are pre-regulation and they dont have to consider the complaint. If it is after 2005 then you complain to the advice firm or you can complain to Sesame directly.

However, it is worth noting that MPPI via mortgage brokers would be an unusual complaint. They account for under 1% of PPI sales and most are rejected. They tend to have much better audit trails from banks. Plus, unlike banks, the individual staff members are held responsible. So, this is not going to be faceless complaint. With banks you have nothing to lose from a try-it-on. With mortgage brokers/advisers, you are playing with someone's livelihood. If you have a valid reason for complaint then that is fair enough. However, if you dont then do not do it. I have had a mortgage broker come to me in tears in the past because of a try-it-on PPI complaint against him.

What are your complaint reasons?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure