PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th March 2017

Options

Comments

• Bibbitybob
    Bibbitybob Posts: 843 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all! Thanks for the list Valli. I'm in again this week...stripped the beds yesterday so can already cross a couple of bits off the list.

Out and about delivering this morning, then taking little legs to soft play with his buddies (nothing to do with us mums having an hour to chat, honest!). Got a load of 1st birthday prep to do this week, and would like to add a new blog post onto today's list too.

Hope it's as sunny where you all are, it's beautiful here x
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning folks

Costume bag sorted. Wm filled and other laundry sorted into piles on the kitchen floor.

Ds2's bed stripped

It is an "insect" day here, so no rush today.

Welcome new ones x

I will wave in the direction of the railway in case Iona's train goes by.

ATB Hope your kiddies feel better soon and you are not called to pick them up X

Dizzy Hugs X
    LW hope you are ok X

Kettle is on, I will make a few spare drinks. Help yourselves x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning. I'm in, thanks for the list Valli although I've ignored it this morning.

Welcome newbies, hugs where needed for all.

So I have walked the dogs, washed up the breakfast dishes, got the second and last wash load for today in machine, dusted the dusty bits in the LR, put rubbish/recycling out and done a quick hoover through.

Paid stuff now.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Thanks Valli for the list. Not much flying time this morning as we're off into M'ester to meet friends. Managed a couple of miles on the exercise bike, tidied bedding and opened the window before we left the house.

Got a big food shop to do later as the cupboards are looking a little bare. Will send DH and DD out later while sat twiddling at the docs. Got a review of medication which will hopefully make life easier.

Will hopefully get some flying in this pm x
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Valli, I'll be watching from the sidelines again this week. I'm still away and although I'm back tonight I leave 0400 on Saturday morning and I have two long days at work.

Flying will be minimal and focus on hygiene and refilling freezer gaps so DH survives a week of nights while I'm away. He seems to have done ok this week - only 1 takeaway (admitted to!) but I'll be able to count when I look at the freezer:D

Narc0lepsy was in your area but manically busy. Met up with my Saffron Walden friend in Debden barns while waiting to collect DH from Stansted. Lovely.

Have a great week people.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Like froddington, I am lacking in motivation and need to stop living in this mess! I know about the vicious circle... but at least I've made it back to this thread, so perhaps the circle can go t'other way for a bit :)

Here's my list to attempt after work. I'm not getting the ladder out though - lots of tasks require that in my flat...

Monday - Beautiful Bedroom

Level 1
    Open the window
    strip the bed
    make bed
    dust sill

Level 2
    wipe light switch

Level 3
    clear detritus from bedside table
    empty bin

• Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi and thank you for the list which I've just printed off. Need to try to squeeze a dog walk in today as I really feel I need some exercise and beginning of week is always quieter work wise for me.

Hi to newbies and returners, hugs to everyone who would like one x
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome back Rosemary.

After a bit more thinking about what I've got on this week, I decided to clean through the whole house his morning, so since 9.00 that is exactly what I've done. It's still a bit chilly but the sun is shining, so it was a pleasure to open the windows and blow some fresh air through the rooms :) I've even cleared the clutter off the study bedroom floor, though not off the bed in there: that's my "other" filing system :rotfl: No windows have been cleaned - I usually do them around the time the window cleaner does the outside - but every room has been tidied, dusted, scrubbed and wiped down properly. DH is supposed to be finishing off the hoovering which he started an hour ago - but atm he's caught up in his jigsaw again :mad:

Now enjoying a :cuppa: Anyone care to join me?
    dancemum wrote: »
    I will wave in the direction of the railway in case Iona's train goes by.
    Thanks dancemum :wave: but unfortunately on Wednesday I shall be further south, nearer to mrs-mp, who I know will be at work at the times when I am passing by.

I must plod on with my paperwork and reading, and give DH a nudge to finish the floors.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Ionafan; DH stopped his jigsaw yet?

Had a nice walk with DH and both dogs and done sorting the bed bit of our room - will do more later but felt it was better for me to get some exercise.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Narc0lepsy was in your area but manically busy. Met up with my Saffron Walden friend in Debden barns while waiting to collect DH from Stansted. Lovely.

It's starting to look pretty spring-like round here now. I've been manic as well so wouldn't have worked well for a meet unfortunately.

So far today:
    - checked and emailed off a report
    - one load washing done and hung out
    - one load through DW and put away
    - been to Clubbercise
    - a load of clothes put away in bedroom
    - a form printed off, signed and envelope addressed ready to post

Mr N has gone for a ride on his motor bike as it is lovely so far although the black clouds are swirling. Glad he's managed it as his RA has been terrible lately in his hands. Fortunately he's not one to take risks riding the bike if his hands aren't good, but I do feel for him as he loves his bike.

Next plan to continue culling old emails, folders etc so my brother can finish off the new setup. Then report writing.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure