We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Old Style Daily thead. Sunday 5th March 2017

2

Comments

  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Morning all :D

    I think today is a cba day. Just waiting for the WM to finish, it's got my work clothes in which need to dry by tomorrow..I'm not holding out much hope!

    I have shaken the rugs out, swept and mopped the floors just the washing up to do and bed to make then that's me done for the day.

    I was up from 4am till 7am then slept fitfully for a couple of hours..this is getting really tiring now. I still am suffering from this lingering cold virus and my nose is constantly running and I have a horribly unattractive chesty cough. In general i think I am just very run down and lack of sleep isn't helping. I have lots of family and work worries too so all in all not in a very good place atm...

    I'm not quite sure what to do to resolve any of the issues but i can't go on like this....maybe a holiday is required but you can't run away from your worries can you...also I don't think the travel agents will accept shirt buttons as a method of payment :rotfl:

    Oh well...life goes on and I shall battle on as I always do :)

    Take care all and be happy, it's good to catch up with you all daily and I really enjoy reading this thread :A
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Thanks for the tips CAMELOT and FLOSS. Sadly it's the stupid design of the windows that's at fault! There is one inch of clearance between the top of the windows and the cornice and the window sill sticks out way too much into the room. Before the blinds we had a curtain track squashed in the one inch gap and curtains which had to finish at window sill level, which I didn't like the look of! Prior to that we had a track on the ceiling to allow the curtains to fall clear of the window sill and I didn't like the look of that either! So getting blinds seemed to be the best solution! So now the precious one inch space is taken up with the blind header! But the window has never looked finished off without curtains - even though they would be for decorative purposes only and would never be pulled on!

    I have scoured lots of websites with ideas on dressing problem windows but none seem as problematic as ours!! Of course Mr TA doesn't see anything wrong as things are so he's no help whatsoever!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    edited 5 March 2017 at 1:55PM
    Have made bread, smells good, managed to get a decent crust on it and the pesky blade thinger is embedded in it, bums. Will look it up in bread maker instruction book but at present it is a bit hot.

    Got it our! Cold leftover pasta bake is nice for lunch, unexpectedly.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,928 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Quick post from me before I go off to your neck of the woods Hester. Depending where you stop I should be able to get over to see you when you move Apostrophe (I hope I've remembered the name correctly).

    I'm going with DD to Nirvana spa tomorrow. It's my Christmas present from her and we've been before so know it's good. We're staying in a hotel in Sonning tonight as well so I know we'll have time for lots of conversation.

    DS has finished putting his shed up, alk about a comedy round the delivery. He was told 13th March but rang to try to put it back and they said we can deliver this Friday which suited. He rang on Friday morning to check when it would arrive and was told they still had 13th down for delivery and it was still in the warehouse. As he put the phone down he got a text to say the shed would arrive in the next half hour!

    I went down to feed DS' cat yesterday and instead of hiding from me it was very affectionate, how it knew I wasn't trying to get it in the cat basket I'll never know.
  • Afternoon, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

    Improvement continues, we went into town this morning to shop at Lidl, called at dd2's to see her for half an hour. On the way in it started to rian which then turned to sleet,, yukk.....

    Home for lunch, tuna and cucumber sarnies, it used to be a cheapish sandwich filling, not anymore, 65p for a small tin.

    Pork for supper veggies prepped, OH cooking under instruction.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,177 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    The weather forecast for today was awful so I suggested that OH and I go out for Sunday lunch, doesn't happen often and Sundays are sacred for cyclists (never mind the rest of the family:(, still after 40 years I am sort of used to it:))

    In reality it poured early hours, stopped around 10, been a very few showers and lots of sun. Still lunch was great, dear dog had a short walk in a different location, saw 2 Redkites flying together on the way out and 2 and then a single Buzzard on the way home. Lots of small lambs in the fields, a goodly number of Catkin bushes and a cheery lot of wild cherry blossom.

    Still on tenterhooks because of a couple of family issues, but trying not to worry myself into to ground over things that I cannot influence, hard though. Been very lazy this afternoon, but ought to shift myself and do a few easy things:o

    Thank you for new thread Judi, Deleted_User pleased that you are feeling better, NRA my best wishes for a difficult time.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I think we got back from shopping just in time, its peeing down now. We have had hail too.

    Knowall and the Letch have been. Knowall wanted to know why we havent been round to see them. Neither of us wanted to upset them with the truth, so we just said we had been busy.

    The Letch is now suffering with the beginnings of dementia and isnt as letcherous as he was thankfully, he's more 'normal' if ever there is such a state. He does repeat himself over and over again and he saw a skeleton in the screen of our television which was turned off at the time. Reminded me of when Mother thought a blanket was a dog.... dementia is a cruel illness. What is the point of living longer if your body is good but your brain has gone?

    Youngest is nursing a hangover. Went out clubbing last night and rolled in at 5 this morning. He's only just woke up. Plenty of groans of a sore head coming from his bedroom. No sympathy from me as its self inflicted.:D

    NRA, thinking of you :)

    Have a good evening all.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    snoozer wrote: »
    I went down to feed DS' cat yesterday and instead of hiding from me it was very affectionate, how it knew I wasn't trying to get it in the cat basket I'll never know.
    That's easy - they're psychic! Why else do you think so many of them are witches' familiars? :rotfl:

    Lizzie has settled in brilliantly; she has her first walk of the day at sparrowfart, so we've decided we'll get up and throw on yesterday's clothes, walk her and do her brekkie, and then see about our morning bath and some clean clothes. :o

    Her afternoon walk was - er - interesting. My scooter ran out of juice on the uphill stretch heading to home; ended up having to be partially DH-powered. :eek: It was his fault in any case; the battery's getting towards the end of it's life and needs to be replaced at the next service (due soon) so I told him it needs to be charged after every walk. "Oh no", he says after this mornings outing, "it'll be fine for this afternoon as well". I refrained from saying "I told you so"...... :D

    Lizzie's trying her best to hypnotise me into feeding her early (dins for her isn't til 18:00) but she's out of luck, I'm immune. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 13,994 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Evening. I've had a very lazy day though there is no guilt involved at all. :A. I had a long lie in after ,y early comfort call and was on,y roused by a pain in my back which turned out to be my kidneys screaming for fluid! Can't win.

    Tomorrow I'm off to Glasgow on the bus using my old biddy pass! It's often very difficult to go into town when I'm visiting my DM so I've got my short list ready. I'm only there for four hours so shall whizz round and have time for lunch. Two and a bit hours each way with a mandatory (and annoying) 15 minute stop each way in Inveraray. Probably a loo break for those travelling a longer way than me.

    It's still light outside so I shall sit here until it's dark.

    LM - Lizzie sounds lovely.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Some pictures for you straight from the Baby House in South Africa. These are the little mites that are in my daughter and her partners care.

    15wxziq.jpg
    xfaz2s.jpg
    oh8cnk.jpg
    29e9dx.jpg
    14mb4ex.jpg
    Arent they just adorable?!
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.