Cherry takes the reins

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to knit a lot when my children were young but haven't picked up the needles for a long time.

Our garden has been ravaged by the storm. We are very exposed where we are at the top of a hill.

Lovely to read your things to be thankful for, we often forget the simple things day to day :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I really should learn to knit! It's something I have never been able to get right.

Happy to hear the log burner man came and finished up, hope he comes back to the chimney soon.

Hope FIL is better too

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    You have been very busy and productive,well done on the decluttering,we had a fairly rough couple of days with the storm and I was worried about my trees but luckily they were all ok,it's absolutely chucking it down here at the moment, we got soaked when we took the dog out earlier,it was definitely milder today though which was nice
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies :)

There are loads of twigs littering the garden but no real damage, unless you count me having found some mistakes in the knitting and having to take a couple of days' work out. :eek:

Wannabe, did you mention you sometimes take the children to an old people's home? Lots of older ladies will have knitted for their children and might relish teaching you and your family.

Nothing spent today.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    I'm in work later and really not getting a lot done this morning despite the house being absolutely inundated with laundry at every stage from waiting to be washed through needing to go on the line, needing ironing or folding and just plain waiting to be put away. The only stages missing are waiting to come in off the line and ironed but waiting to be put away.

So, a list:
    get dressed :o
    laundry onto line
    another batch in to wash
    ironing - aim for 20 items or finish the pile, whichever comes first
    sort out tea
    any shopping needed?

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    It's taken a couple of hours but the list now looks like this:

get dressed yes! And had lunch and washed my hair.
    laundry onto line - two loads (smug grin)
    another batch in to wash third batch in the washer
    ironing - aim for 20 items or finish the pile, whichever comes first there are 17 items, none ironed yet
    sort out tea soup from fridge
    any shopping needed? yes, will go and get it in a few minutes.

• Cherryfudge
    edited 12 February 2019 at 12:32AM
    Options
    Amazingly, I got the list done, apart from 3 pieces of ironing and the shopping, which I decided can wait till tomorrow. I was going to buy one of the Kindle daily deals (e-book) but when I checked it had gone from £0.99 to £9.99, so I decided I didn't want it enough. I think I will get one or two of this month's special offers though: I started reading the sample of James Herriot's first book, which I read many years ago. He's as readable as ever.

It's been an NSD, and I now have two days off (with a fresh mound of ironing), but I'm planning to make soup and do at least a little more decluttering. Two items gone today, both on the small side. I'll add them in when I have a larger total.

Things I'm glad of: sunshine, laundry on the line, my favourite soup for tea and finding what looks like a yummy chocolate cake recipe (it's in the free magazine from Mr T. this month).

• WannabeFree
    Options
    Do you have a kindle Cherry or do you read on your phone?

I keep looking on my phone as there are quite a few free ones. I think it would be easier for me than carrying a book around.

Well done on the list!

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    I do have a kindle, Wannabe, but I had the app on my old phone as well - you don't need an actual kindle to use it. I have some childhood favourites on it that I got as free downloads, and I often get the free download of a book to see if I might like it enough to buy. Unfortunately I often then go on to buy! But they are often cheaper than 'real' books, and they don't fall to bits or fill my already-full bookshelves!

• Onebrokelady
    Options
    Well done on completing the list Cherry:beer:and boo to having to undo your knitting,I hate it when that happens,I wish I could get some washing on the line but it's miserable and damp here so nothing will dry,we have just had some lovely windy days but it was accompanied by heavy showers :mad:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback