Finally debt free but have a question x

Options
ponderer
ponderer Posts: 20 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I started my IVA on 2009 and today I finally received my completion certificate :j it's been hard most of the time and I've shed a lot of tears but there is light at the end of the tunnel so just hang on in there. Advice on building credit rating gratefully received.

I do have one question a loan that was included on the IVA has been sending every 6 months a letter saying how much I still owe. I received another today. Will this stop or will I get this letter for the rest of my life?

Thanks
Learning to smile again x

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,893 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

Eight years in an IVA ?

Why so long ?

The creditor is obliged to send you a statement every six months.

Now your arrangement has, finally ended, that should stop yes.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • memberme
    memberme Posts: 213 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done and congrat's

Check and see if it has or does drop off your credit file within the next couple of months if not already as you've done over 6 years, things should drop off fairly quickly (check noddle, clearscore and now the Martin Lewis site membership one includes a full Experian report free also) I got the credit letters as you have, but they stopped and disappeared off my file shortly after the IVA did.
  • ponderer
    ponderer Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It was 7 years in total as got told to stop payments last year but they've only just sent completion cert. through. I had a 6 year IVA and a year extra as not enough equity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure