New TSB Classic Plus offer (new customers only...)

Options
124»

Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jraf wrote: »
    HI All,

Can anyone advise when the £5 cashback for having 2 direct debits is normally paid? I completed my switch at the end of December.

thanks in advance :)

T&C's , 4.1
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    That moment when someone bumps a really old thread to ask a question they could've just put in a new thread and then when you check out threads that may interest you on page 1 you read through & think it's current .... only to find it's not.

Great :-/

Anyway as I wasted time reading this - it made me think, what is a 'new customer' then?

For example - first direct stipulate that you must never have previously before been a customer, so the true definition of new.

Yet I got a new customer deal with BT a few months ago even though I was last with them just over 12 months ago.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That moment when someone bumps a really old thread to ask a question they could've just put in a new thread and then when you check out threads that may interest you on page 1 you read through & think it's current .... only to find it's not.

Anyway as I wasted time reading this - it made me think, what is a 'new customer' then?

For example - first direct stipulate that you must never have previously before been a customer, so the true definition of new.

Yet I got a new customer deal with BT a few months ago even though I was last with them just over 12 months ago.

The definition of 'new customer' is whatever criteria the relevant company use. For TSB in this case, it's never having had the Classic Plus before. See terms here: https://www.tsb.co.uk/cashback-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Not quite as strict as your example of First Direct, as TSB for this offer would count as a new customer someone who had held another type of current account with them.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    you read through & think it's current .... only to find it's not.

Ahem - OP states "Offer ends 30 June 2018", which is why it's still listed on the TSB website and therefore satisfies most people's definition of 'current'....
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mighty glad I scanned though all the posts.
  • Spandy
    Spandy Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 17 January 2018 at 2:07PM
    Options
    I asked in branch and was told it's 25p / transaction per calendar month, so if I make 4 transactions I'd get a pound.. but T&C section 2 states it's £5 or nowt. This is my first month. Have you experienced pro-rata cashback?

TIA, Spandy

Sorry, can't post a link to T&C even though I've been a member 9 years! it's the first google result for cashback tsb classic plus terms and conditions
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 January 2018 at 3:06PM
    Options
    TSB have quietly extended the cashback offering for accounts opened from 8th January 2018, until 31st December rather than 30th June: https://www.tsb.co.uk/cashback-terms-and-conditions.pdf

The same exclusion of previous account holders applies..

From the above document:

Timings and ending the offer

4.1 For accounts opened between 1 March 2017 and 7 January 2018, cashback is paid on debit card transactions and Direct Debits up to and including 30 June 2018, unless we tell you otherwise.

4.2 For accounts opened on or after 8 January 2018, cashback is paid on debit card transactions and Direct Debits up to and including 31 December 2018, unless we tell you otherwise.

4.3 Cashback will be paid during the next calendar month (for example, payments made in January 2018, cashback will be paid in February 2018).
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,993 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Helielli64 wrote: »
    Annoying that you can't open joint account on line. It says 'pop into branch' which I did for info but we both need to make an appointment, go together, with passports or other id and spend an hour going through process. Yet if we both applied individually we could do so quickly on line without all that. I asked why as other banks accept joint applications on line. The reason was a vague one about the joint applicant might not be there when the application is made. It's put me off as it's not easy for us to get in together at the moment.

Perhaps to (try to) avoid the problem of scallywags opening joint accounts with, say, wife, or ex wife or an ex partner etc... without their knowledge?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,993 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spandy wrote: »
    I asked in branch and was told it's 25p / transaction per calendar month, so if I make 4 transactions I'd get a pound.. but T&C section 2 states it's £5 or nowt. This is my first month. Have you experienced pro-rata cashback?

TIA, Spandy

Sorry, can't post a link to T&C even though I've been a member 9 years! it's the first google result for cashback tsb classic plus terms and conditions

Recommend you read it again - it says nowt about nowt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure