G4S Handling door 'Gas Checks'?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
5 replies 4.6K views
voyagermanvoyagerman Forumite
13 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
What is all that about then? G4S card in my door saying they were here to read the gas meter?

Is that just them taking over all industries or what?

Replies

• Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    8.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    G4S have been reading meters for years.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a very pleasant G4S chap call a month or so ago. He spent about 15 minutes looking carefully at my PV solar generation meter taking down the meter reading; meter type; serial number etc. It's amazing how diligent suppliers are when they are paying out money.
  • edited 28 February 2017 at 9:23PM
    SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017 at 9:23PM
    Hengus wrote: »
    I had a very pleasant G4S chap call a month or so ago. He spent about 15 minutes looking carefully at my PV solar generation meter taking down the meter reading; meter type; serial number etc. It's amazing how diligent suppliers are when they are paying out money.
    He took far too long. I am in and out in less than a minute.Reading, meter make, model meter year, and where its positioned. Must have been a complete beginner or agency .
    As from today we are now owned by Morrisons Data Services.. G4S have found a mug to buy it. MDS must be bonkers ! We have to take the G4S logos from the cars tomorrow too. G4S are not a suitable company to run a meter reading business, thank god they have gone !
  • edited 1 March 2017 at 5:54PM
    SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017 at 5:54PM
    They really don't trust me. I gave EDF a meter reading this morning and a few minutes ago there was a knock on my door from the same G4S guy that visited a couple of months ago. He went away with a reading 3 units higher than I gave EDF this morning.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hengus wrote: »
    They really don't trust me. I gave EDF a meter reading this morning and a few minutes ago there was a knock on my door from the same G4S guy that visited a couple of months ago. He went away with a reading 3 units higher than I gave EDF this morning.
    Nice of you to give him the reading Hengus, most people refuse to let me see the meter if they have just submitted one. EDF are one of these suppliers who never seem to escalate a meter which has nt been seen by meter readers for over two years to "must inspect " status.Scottish Power are the same. People fiddling meters can go on and on for donkeys years with fiddled meters with these two suppliers. They are breaking OFGEMS rules on safety inspections and have been for years.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals