LG Refund 'conditions'

Options
I have had a drawn out problem with an LG Soundbar. They have accepted the the product is not repairable and are offering a full refund. Yet they are insisting that I sign a disclosure/settlement document, and that I give them my bank details in order to get the refund.
I have asked them to send a cheque. I don't think I have to sign anything to get a refund on a faulty product - am I correct?
Do I have to give them my bank details? Part of my complaint is their disorganisation, I don't trust their methods!
I have also asked them for an offer of compensation as they were so slow and non-communicative throughout.

Comments

• RoonilWazlib_2
    Options
    They should refund you in the same way you paid them unless both parties happy to agree otherwise.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Unless you bought directly from LG then they can add whatever terms they want to their warranty. If they say they will only refund by you giving your bank details and signing a form then that is what you must do.

Why wouldn't you give them your bank details? They would only need your name which I assume they already have and then your account number and sort code, they are not details they can use to steal money from you or make any purchases. The worst they could do is sign you up to a direct debit but you would have protection from your bank in the form of the direct debit guarantee.

I get they may not have been the easiest to deal with but you are making it more difficult for yourself than you need to, just sign the form, give them your details, get your refund and put it behind you.
  • RoonilWazlib_2
    Options
    Sorry yes - I didn't read it properly and assumed LG were the trader - as Fosterdog said, unless you bought directly from LG, ignore my reply.
  • Keep_pedalling
    Options
    Why can't you give then your details? They will only want the account number and sort code so they can do a bank transfer.

If you are worried about giving those details out, you should be worried about writing cheques as they contain the exact same details.

The only thing people can do with that info is to pay money into your account or set up a direct debit but the latter is 100% covered by the bank should someone set up a fraudulent one so is nothing to be scared about.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure