IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC gladstones solicitor

Options
Hello all respected forum member,
To begin with, please pardon me for my ignorance. This is my very first case of dealing with anything remotely connected to legality topics so I am very very naive to all this and little dim to catch or understand all jargons.
Coming to the case, the car was parked for about maximum just 5 mins in this place and the parking sign was on other side of this private road which is hard to spot at night 8.30 pm (photo evidence in car img2.png) and where the car was parked was having no marking in road.
Literally for just 5 minutes the car was parked before realizing this is no parking and drove away and also one can see in the image the car did not get any PCN as there is no PCN on car windshield (car img1.png), this was on 6-12-2016.
On 10 Jan 2017, gets a letter from PPC (attached as first_letter.png) saying 14 day period is missed, which was ignored as never got any PCN to begin with to even pay and now got an LBC from Gladstones Solicitors which is again attached.
NOTE : Driver noticed a person taking the pics of the car, this was not captured by any pre installed camera.
Link to the images(without spaces) : forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112109
I tried to read through many forums but could not see any case where initial PCN itself was not issued. Please help, really dont want to get into court thing and all and is there a way where this can be settled for around 40 quid or so. How to negotiate with them or is there case too weak to take this matter to court?!?!
Experts please help and again sorry for this post. Thanks for your patience and time
Regards,
RD

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=112109
    I tried to read through many forums but could not see any case where initial PCN itself was not issued.

Loads, sounds like this sort of scam:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/heath-parade-graham-park-way-scam-site.html

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5522820
    is there a way where this can be settled for around 40 quid or so.

No but there is a way to end it for nothing, by winning at a hearing. May as well fight! Almost every newbie here with a Gladstones court claim wins, 99% win rate from defences we've seen and assisted with for the past year v Gladstones.

For now you have a LBCCC but no matter what you reply with, Gladstones will press ahead with a roboclaim because they do not read or care what people write, a claim follows regardless.

That is NOT to say you should pay!

The current sum is inflated way above the charge itself which is defendable in full. Even a losing person at a hearing very likely pays less than the amount on a Gladstones LBCCC and a winner pays nothing and can claim their own costs (lost wages etc.). No CCJ, doesn't work like that unless you ignore court papers.

So at this stage find a previous reply to a Gladstones LBCCC by searching the forum for those 2 words.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure