IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help, is this PCN even allowed!?

Hi,

I received a PCN today for parking on 'private land' although it was just rubble. Two issues with this:

1) the sign that was up says authorised users only and gives who manages the land, but never states who actually owns the land. I'm not sure whether this is right as I am a member of a gym across the road, but until seeing the company name on the PCN there was no way of knowing who actually owned the land or where any boundaries were - I parked against the wall of another building/company that had no signage attached.

2) On the PCN that I received there is a tick box for reasons for issue (out of bay/without authority etc) which has not been completed. I therefore wondered if this is grounds for rejection or do things such as the TMA 2004 not apply to PPCs? It seems ridiculous they could stick this on my car without even saying what I did wrong!!

Thank you in advance for any help!!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    do things such as the TMA 2004 not apply to PPCs?
    No it doesn't apply.

You need to read the NEWBIES thread for guidance on appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Which parking company?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • UKCPS. I should also pint out that with the sign never saying who the landlord was, all businesses in the area were closed as it was late evening. Don't know if that makes a difference?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    UKCPS is an IPC operator so follow the NEWBIES sticky for IPC members - initial appeal, rejection inevitable, don't bother with the IAS, occasionally UKCPS bluster around with court papers (they have 6 years to do so, come back if they do), ride out debt collectors for a few months. Never divulge the driver's details.

Complain to the landowner and ask them to intervene, you'll need to do a bit of digging to determine who it is.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport