Hsbc ppi

Options
Hi, Sent a template to HSBC ppi claim they agree i have ppi but say it was sold correctly.
But have no records as they do not keep record that far back.
So contacted Finacial Ombusman they also agree with HSBC and closed the case.
Is ther anything else i can do?
P.s . This was back when Midland bank was around 1995
Regards
:mad::

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Case closed.

Time to move on..
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If they have said it was sold correctly and tou have nothing to back your complant up, its the end of the road.

After all its 22 years ago...time to move on
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having PPI. So, just having PPI is not enough. There has to be something wrong with the sale of it and that usually has to be evidenced.

over 20 years on and the evidence is likely to be near non-existent. You also dont mention your complaint reason or why it was rejected. However, if the FOS decide it is not mis-sold then it is the end of the road.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bartkiw wrote: »
    Hi, Sent a template to HSBC ppi claim they agree i have ppi but say it was sold correctly.
    But have no records as they do not keep record that far back.
    So contacted Finacial Ombusman they also agree with HSBC and closed the case.
    Is ther anything else i can do?
    P.s . This was back when Midland bank was around 1995
    Regards
    :mad::

What evidence did you present that showed it was miss-sold and what documents did you provide to back this up?

If the adjudicator rejects then you can ask the Ombudsman to look at it but they stick with the adjudicator 9/10 times so up to you. If you don't present anything other than your original case it's likely to remain the same.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    If you don't present anything other than your original case it's likely to remain the same.
    Not "likely" to remain the same, it undoubtedly WILL remain the same. The case was closed because there are no longer any records, so unless the OP finds records in his own archive then what extra will there be for an Ombudsman to look at?

Appeals to an Ombudsman should only be used in rare cases, not routinely.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not "likely" to remain the same, it undoubtedly WILL remain the same. The case was closed because there are no longer any records, so unless the OP finds records in his own archive then what extra will there be for an Ombudsman to look at?

Appeals to an Ombudsman should only be used in rare cases, not routinely.

In theory yes but nobody is immune to mistakes, the Ombudsman could pick up on a technical detail the adjudicator got wrong or interpret the evidence in a different view
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure