Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LizzieR wrote: »
    Hectic few days here, but managed to stick with the plan.
    Weighed in yesterday and 1lb loss for last week.

:T Well done lizzie

Don't think of giving up tete . In time, just like following the plan, meal planning and shopping will become normal. To cut back on cooking from scratch you need to make some HM ready meals so you have a big cooking session and it's over in one go. Or you can have some easy meals like JPs and omelettes or even buy some ready meals.
    I have a dishwasher but I try to keep the washing up down. I've just parboiled my potatoes for tonight and I'll use the same saucepan for the cauliflower and broccoli. Frozen veg or pickles is easy Speed food too.
    I find planning saves me time as I don't wander aimlessly around the supermarket or waste time thinking about what to have for dinner. My meal plan takes about 10 minutes, once a week. You can do it! :)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I must admit I'm getting to the point where I'm getting fed up of meal planning and prep now, and the perpetual massive pile of washing up that comes with cooking from scratch.

I totally get where you're coming from there.
    I use quite a lot of frozen veg now, which is generally cheaper, quicker and you don't get stuff going off in the fridge. Some of it isn't quite as nice if you are having as a veg on the side, but if you're adding it in to something it is fine.
    Before SW I only had peas and corn frozen. Now I have broccoli, kale, courgette, stir fry veg, carrot and squash frozen. If I had more freezer space I would have more. It also means we are eating more variety of veg, as it is so easy to open the freezer drawer and get a bit out of a number of bags.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Managed to go slightly off plan earlier :(

Had a friend come to visit, and she brought home made cake. It would have been rude to say no, but it has kind of mucked up all my healthy on plan eating
    Zebras rock
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    I went totally off plan yesterday including wine cake and chocolate.:o

Today has been better:
    B: Porridge HExB made with water, Banana Sugar (2 Syns)
    L: Nothing but cups of tea with HExA Milk allowance
    D: Roast Turkey Dinner with lots of veg. Roast Potatoes (4) Gravy (2)
    Total Syns at least 10

Back to being really good tomorrow...
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    Shala sorry to hear you are having a bad time just now. Remember you need to be good to yourself xx
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Slightly embarrassed to be reporting -0.2 lbs this week :o Was going to just call it a STS but a loss is a loss :rotfl: Thinking of changing my weigh in day as I do tend to go over syns on a Saturday, and with Sunday WI I don't have anytime to do damage limitation.

Today has been a total right off. Don't know what's wrong with me. Woke up in a terrible mood this morning, even before I looked at the scales. Been a bit teary all day and have spent the day watching carp TV in my PJ's. I also managed to scoff my way through 6 :eek: M&S walnut whips! Also have a feeling that at the very least one bottle of wine will be demolished before the night is up.

Congrats to all the losers this week :T
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • Cazzaswfc
    Cazzaswfc Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just weighed in LOST 3 pounds

So back to where I was two weeks ago.

Need to stop picking at things! However pleased with myself over the last 2 days when the boys have wanted other things, basically cooked myself something SW friendly.

Today they had pie,chips mushy peas, thick gravy and hendos. Trust me for a northern girl that's harder than turning away prosseco and cake!

Tommorow plan,

Breakfast, salted caramel quark, raspberries and grape nuts - half hxb
    Dinner - jacket skins with chicken quark, potato and cheese hxa, salad and 2 syns light mayo. 2 sasumas.

Tea - no idea as need to go to aldi but will post tomorrow.

NSV this week, wore a cardigan for work was tight on the arms, now fits correctly yeah!

If I lose 1 pound this week I hit my 10%, so a nice incentive to stay on plan.
    MFW 2017 No 41 £835.79/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Dident know that you could buy froxen courgettes.
    Can someone please tell me where?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kathrynha
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Dident know that you could buy froxen courgettes.
    Can someone please tell me where?
    I got them from Morrisons. Someone at group mentioned them back when there was a shortage a few weeks back.
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I got them from Morrisons. Someone at group mentioned them back when there was a shortage a few weeks back.

Thank you.
    My most vavourite vegetable :drool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure