Cardiff Apple Store praise

Options
I have had amazing service off Apple this week.
My MacBook decided to switch itself off every 10 mins and I would have to reboot it every time :mad:
I popped into the Apple shop in Cardiff to see if they could suggest something. I should point out that my MacBook is 3 1/2 years old so out of warranty.
The Genius Bar guy (I now know why it is called the Genius Bar ) ran a few tests but thought it was probably the logic board. Price for repair....£468 +VAT :eek:
At this point I am thinking a new non apple laptop for my birthday it is then.:(
This is when Genius Bar man gains true recognition of the title genius. He asked where I had bought it...in the cardiff store.....in that case Mrs P we are obliged under the Consumer care act to repair this for you as long as there is no damage or water hasn't gotten into the machine and that the fault has occurred from just normal use....FREE.
It will take 3-5 working days. Left my little silver MacBook with this genius and off I went. I had a call at 6 pm that same day......Mrs P can you collect your MacBook all is working. Collected it today they had even cleaned my screen.
Thank you Mr Apple Genius Bar man X :T:T:T
:happyhear YUMMY MUMMY TO HENRY BEAR AGED 10:happyhear
slimming world need to get back to target 25lb to go
Disney World here we come May 2018:j

Comments

• daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Consumer care act :D Funny :p
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    daytona0 wrote: »
    Consumer care act :D Funny :p

And "obliged". Good result for the OP but a complete lack of understanding from the "genius" (sic).
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wendyphant wrote: »
    "in that case Mrs P we are obliged under the Consumer care act to repair this for you as long as there is no damage or water hasn't gotten into the machine and that the fault has occurred from just normal use....FREE"

Well considering that statement is totally incorrect i wouldn't call him a Genius.

What actually happened is their lack of knowledge has resulted in you getting a repair for free when you shouldn't have. So make sure you talk to the same guy in the future when you have any other issues!.
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've found Apple Support to be brilliant, with my iPad which was well out of warranty and my MacBook.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure