Bt

Options
I have read about BT charging everyone more or you can leave and this is what they have done with me. What I do not understand is I started with BT in Oct on a £4 broadband deal, they want to charge me £2 month extra.

How then are BT able to have a sale that I keep seeing everywhere for the same package but £24.49 mth + £50 reward card !

I assume these people once having signed their contract will be told they are going to have to pay more ?

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They can only charge some people less, by charging others more.
    Telecoms, like energy, is a rigged market.
  • pennyforthem
    Options
    So you are saying they are claiming less at the start then increasing charges constantly ?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No its not less at the start as you say .
    Its a price offered that does vary with individual deals .Price could be £4 or £45 .
    That price could be subject to a price rise or not within the contract as per what you agree to at the start.

For instance last year i was in contract at £20 per month BT put a price rise for everyone about 9 months later . But as a price rise will allow you to escape penalty free after i negotiated i ended up paying less for 2016/17 . But that 2016/17 contract is now subject to the current price rise in April .
  • pennyforthem
    Options
    Yes but my point is I am a new customer as of Oct they want to charge me more and yet they are still offering more or less the same deal £ wise as what I should have !

how exactly does this work then, are they going to increase all these suckers rates when they have been in their contracts a few months as they are trying to mine ?
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    Price rise is across the board .
    You will pay the price increase after April .
    New customers will also pay the price increase after April .
    There is no increase on new customers after xx months its an across the board increase for all customers on that date .

You are free to leave BT without penalty within 30 days of notification .
    See forum posts .
  • pennyforthem
    Options
    So you are sayign when people are signing up to the deals I mentioned they are told, yer were not doing that any more but you can have it for £6 ? Cant see it myself.
  • JJ_Egan
    Options
    No i am not saying that .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts