insurence

Options
2»

Comments

• tim123456
    Options
    ok thanks, so he failed to exchange details if he wanted to make a claim does not seem right to me this is normal procedure when it comes to insurance claims.
  • Dynamic_Panda
    Options
    Under the terms of your policy it will state that all incidents no matter how small should be reported from your point of view 'for information purposes only'........that way if something like this has occurred then there are no issues with you presenting any bill you are sent to your insurers............

Never assume that because there may be no .visible damage' that there is no actual damage............the person claiming is within his rights to claim for accidental damage off his insurance and they will look at recovering all costs from either you or your insurer..............

Seen this so many times when I worked in Motor claims..............
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tim123456 wrote: »
    there was nothing to report.
    You reversed into his garage door why do you think there was nothing to report?
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above you had an incident, even if you had not intention of making a claim you should still have informed your insurance.

He didnt have to give you his details he was not in a vehicle. You on the other hand should have. He could have reported you and you would have got 6 points.

I was on holiday and on my return i spotted a scuff on my cars door, builders next door said a guy reversed into it and they got his reg.
    I reported it and they tried to say i was at fault for not reporting it within 24 hours. I dont think they wanted to know.
    But they prosecuted him and i received a letter with his insurance details and the details of his 6 points and fine.

Seems like he reported the incident to his insurance so he has done nothing wrong. You failed to report it to your insurance.

Your insurance could take a hard stance that you did it deliberately and take action.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• tim123456
    Options
    thanks for reply my insurance company got in touch today and they are asking for proof/evidence of the damage to the door.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure