PPI template letters for deceased claims

Options
Hello

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can't find what I am looking for. I am considering claiming PPI in respect of my deceased father. Unfortunately I can't find any letters and if I get redirected to the Resolver page it only seems to be geared for your own claim. Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    template letters are usually a bad idea. They have a lower success rate than personalised complaints. Mainly as people tend to leave in things that can easily be countered with proof and leaves the individual with low credibility. That is important on complaints where a balance of probability decision is needed.

You dont need a template. The executor of the estate is allowed to complain stating the reasons for the complaint. This can be done in a few sentences. As the executor of the estate was not present in the sale of the PPI, the complaint reasons are limited (allegations of what was said by the staff member cant be used for example. Only factual complaint reasons). So, the letter shouldnt be any more than a few sentences/bullet points.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • paullawrence5
    Options
    Thanks for the info. It's interesting as some of his circumstances were quite unusual so probably better to highlight that rather than refer to things that aren't really relative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure