Child Flight Tax Refund (APD) Claim Query

Hi
I wondered if you could help?
I booked a holiday 2 years ago (flights with Thomas Cook then private villa). Not long after I read/heard that any tax that was paid on the flight for kids would be refunded, I checked and I was in the right criteria. I seem to remember that I would receive this automatically but never did.

I contacted This Morning when Simon (ABTA) was on and received a reply that there should be some information on the airlines website of how to claim so I logged on there but all it said was this:
"Air Passenger Tax (APD) - New Changes
If you've booked a package holiday with Thomas Cook or a flight only booking with Thomas Cook Airlines departing the UK from 1 May 2015 you will receive a reduction of any economy class APD paid for children aged under 12 at the time of travel, representing a saving of up to £71 per child.
Package holiday customers will receive this reduction automatically - something that will be welcomed by the many customers looking to visit our stores, web sites and call centres."

There is no information or anywhere to 'contact' for flight only bookings or any more information. Can anyone:A tell me where I go from here, I had 3 children on the booking.
Thanks

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    what date did you book? can you see the APD on the child tickets? - many airlines adjusted their post-May pricing straight after the announcement so if you booked late 2014/early 2015 it should not have been charged so nothing to refund
    there was a table here on how airlines were dealing
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2015/04/air-tax-scrapped-from-1-may-for-under-12s-how-to-reclaim-airline-by-airline
    If you booked with an agent you go through them, it should have been automatic if you booked direct with the airline (assuming charged in the first place)
  • Thomas Cook Airlines automatically refunded people. Thomas Cook Tour Ops either reduced the outstanding balance on the holiday or refunded automatically where applicable. I know of quite a few people that thought they hadn't had a refund,until they checked their bank or credit card statements. TCX didn't always send out notification.

When did you book and what age were the children?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure