any brokers accepting cash transfer from third party account?

Options
Hi

i want to convert GBP to USD via my fx broker and for them to transfer this USD cash to my stock broker. however my stock broker (TD) cant accept payments from a third party.

are there any stock brokers out there who do accept from 3rd party accounts?

thanks

Comments

• george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why not open a holding account in your name where you can hold USD, then you can transfer your USD from there to your stockbroker account?
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Options
    george4064 wrote: »
    Why not open a holding account in your name where you can hold USD, then you can transfer your USD from there to your stockbroker account?

the fx broker doesnt offer that.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    economic wrote: »
    the fx broker doesnt offer that.

Apologies if I have misunderstood, but I can't see why the fx broker would have a say in the matter??

Exchange GBP to USD with the fx broker, transfer/withdraw the money from your fx broker to your USD holding account, then transfer USD to your stockbroker...
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • economic
    economic Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    Options
    george4064 wrote: »
    Apologies if I have misunderstood, but I can't see why the fx broker would have a say in the matter??

Exchange GBP to USD with the fx broker, transfer/withdraw the money from your fx broker to your USD holding account, then transfer USD to your stockbroker...

thanks i see what you mean now. yes i will look into doing that. do you know the best/quickest way to get a USD account?
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    I have dollar accounts with Citi although the cheap and cheerful account I have is no longer marketed to new customers; they only offer their Citigold accounts which are £75pm if you don't have enough with them to qualify for the fee waiver.

You might like to try HSBC: http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/currency-account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport