hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you!
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,835 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck!! Fingers and toes crossed for you!! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Got an email on Saturday afternoon to say head office was looking at it, but confirmed that this was the last step before a mortgage offer was made subject to valuations :D Hopefully they'll make a decision this week.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Now they want to see my 16/17 tax return. Please excuse me while I bang my head against a brick wall for a while....

The good news is that I went to the mart today for the annual lamb sale and didn't buy any more sheep :D (Had to sit on my hands a couple of times though, there was a very nice pen of 14 ewe lambs I particularly fancied!)

Am currently pricing up the various options for going to have lunch with my brother for his birthday in November. I haven't seen him for two years :( so suggested to Mum that a family lunch might be a nice idea and they're both up for it. He wants us to go to her rather than all meeting up in London, but flights to Bristol are only twice a week in winter, so I'll need to go to London, meet my brother at Paddington and we'll get the train down together. So far prices for the various travel options to London range from £6 return on the Megabus (if I want to leave Inverness at 8.30am and get to London Victoria bus station at 11.30pm and roughly the same coming back!) to £90 each way for a shared occupancy room on the Caledonian Sleeper. Amazingly, the Gatwick Travelodge is only £60 for two nights (both nights, not each!), so I'll likely jump on the EasyJet as per usual.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Mortgage approved, subject to valuation :D I now have the most enormous to-do list you can imagine!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mortgage approved, subject to valuation :D I now have the most enormous to-do list you can imagine!

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO _party__party__party__party_:dance::dance::dance:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Excellent news, well done x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,587 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brilliant one step closer exciting.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    have I missed updates? change of diary?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Knitwitch - do you follow Caz's blog?
    There have been some posts on there recently
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories