Delivery companies who dont deliver!

Options
:mad: I've waited in all day for something to be delivered that was ordered two weeks ago from John Lewis.

I had to wait 2 weeks not because the item took that long to get hold of, but purely because they dont deliver to my area very often.

I got a phone call from the carrier themselves telling me they'd deliver on Tuesday the 25th of September (note the word AND the date stated, so no mix up with days and dates wrong).

I had to juggle so many things to stay in today. My stress levels are through the roof. As it is, amongst (many) other things my much needed car is sat in a garage 25 miles away waiting to be picked up after it broke down (should have been today but obviously couldn't do).

No sign of them so I've just called to ask for an update on when they are likely to be appearing only to be told they're not coming today and they never were!

The job has always been booked for the 26th. Given today's hassle, they've very kindly ( :rolleyes: ) said they'll narrow down the delivery slot to morning instead of all day.

Ok so it's not the end of the world and I'll live. Today's hassle was just so needless and I'm angry.

Why the heck can't people just be efficient?! Is it so difficult?

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    yup been there many a time.although more with waiting on collections for ebay stuff.
    its more the loss of a full day stuck at home.

although on the flip side ive lost count of the number of people who turn up at my delivery office asking where their special delivery item is.usually around 10-11am when they are for before 1pm delivery. usually they get home ot find a red card ;)
  • dangeroussports
    Options
    Im still waiting for a taxi I booked last friday. I really need to get to Pizza hut in town to meet up with a bunch of mates.

Do you think I should call up and find out if the driver is near?
  • SPANIEL36
    SPANIEL36 Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    Options
    Im still waiting for a taxi I booked last friday. I really need to get to Pizza hut in town to meet up with a bunch of mates.

Do you think I should call up and find out if the driver is near?
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i'll always remember i booked a taxi for a certain time, when it wa 10 mins late i rang to see where it was, "5 minutes " they said....10 mins late i rang again "just turning into your street now" they said> dont know what street they were just turning into cuz it never turned into mine!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure