Memory Foam Pillow from Lidl -Anyone got one?

Options
Just saw this in lidl, I don't really like my regular pillows as they are too thin and get squished ( even the more expensive ones). This one seems pretty firm,except the weird shape of it?
Anyone maybe have bought one in past and can give their review?
I had a look at in store and it seemed of decent quality, except the 100% polyster cover wasn't really inspiring on it.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=41863

280936_02_f.jpg?ar=10

Comments

• bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    I don't have this one, but I do have a (normal-shaped) memory foam pillow which was £8 from Tesco and is the brand with the hippo in pyjamas - sorry, I'm rubbish with brands. Anyway, my memory foam pillow is top-notch and I now struggle to sleep with normal pillows if I'm staying with friends as they're just too squishy and unsupportive.
  • theburningcat
    Options
    I have a similar one from Ikea. If I can get to sleep, I get a better night's sleep. I find it hard to get to sleep, though.

I would recommend trying it at that price - but don't be too optimistic.
  • BIB
    BIB Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I have won a contour memory foam pillow from langria as a giveaway prize. I don't know this brand before. But it feels much firmer than an ordinary pillow. It also helps reduce my neck pain. It is now £24.99 in their amazon store. Will consider to buy another for my brother who also suffers from neck pain.
    Live in the present
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,180 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My husband uses one from Lidl - the contoured one. He wouldn't be without it, it goes with us when we go away. The cover comes off easily for washing.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • crabbyHermit
    Options
    I bought one years ago to replace an old Sussel (£50.00) contoured pillow, but found it too hard. After removing the fabric cover to inspect the innards, I found the pillow wasn't made of memory foam at all, but consisted of a 1" layer of firm bubbly plasticky stuff with a shaped topping of conventional rubbery sponge. It wasn't comfortable, but makes a great footrest for sensitive heels in bed. I now use a Tempur pillow and have been very happy with that. Mine was a half price demonstration model from a Tempur showroom, and just needed a wash in anti-bac solution to be usable.
  • Neetusingh
    Options
    If you want to get proper night's sleep, then I would recommend Bouncy memory foam pillow.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Neetusingh wrote: »
    If you want to get proper night's sleep, then I would recommend Bouncy memory foam pillow.

Have you a link please (or is it your company)?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bad kneck steer well clear of memory foam .
    Key is sleeping postition and hight of pillow to keep kneck and spine in line .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure