Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Fundraising Inspiration

Hi all.

I'm looking for some inspiration on fundraising ideas I can do for a friend.

They already have a Go Fund Me page and my work are holding a cake sale, guess the sweets in a jar and are also donating our dress down Friday donations.

I will like to do something as well but I'm stuck for ideas.

I don't have a lot of time as the money is being raised to get her to Germany between March and June for optic surgery (the sooner the better).

I'm normally quite good with ideas but I'm stuck on this one.

I think they are doing a sponsored walk too.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reb2016
    Reb2016 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Hi,

Do you have skills that you could use, for example I crochet so sometimes crochet items to sell for fundraising.

Or maybe you could have a clearout and sell unwanted items on ebay and raise some funds that way.

Or similar theme, hold a clothes swapping party where people bring along unwanted good condition items of clothing and swap for something they do want for a donation.

Hope this is of help
  • Reb2016 wrote: »
    Hi,

Do you have skills that you could use, for example I crochet so sometimes crochet items to sell for fundraising.

Or maybe you could have a clearout and sell unwanted items on ebay and raise some funds that way.

Or similar theme, hold a clothes swapping party where people bring along unwanted good condition items of clothing and swap for something they do want for a donation.

Hope this is of help

I used to do a lot of craft fairs as I make jewellery etc but I wouldn't be able to make enough to sell at a craft fair and I'm not sure what to make that people might buy directly off me (plus it's having the time too).

I don't having anything worthy of selling on Ebay :(

I wish I had the space for a clothes swap as that could be interesting but there are organisations local to me that do them too so not sure what response I would get as they are quite regular.

I'll definitely think about what I could make or see what I already have. :)

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport