PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Gleeson Homes stage 2?

Options
Hi Everyone

We are very interested in buying a first home with Gleeson in an area which a plot is currently being built, there is a lot of houses already been old and there is now 2 houses which we want one of along with quite a few more people, they are at stage 2 and need to be at stage 4, how long is the wait from stage 2 to 4?

Once they are at that stage they call everyone on the list and its the first 2 people to get to the office get the plot :(

If we missed out the next 2 houses will be ready for may next year where these 2 are ready about august, so bit of a wait for next lot.

thnaks

Comments

• AnnieO1234
    AnnieO1234 Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Options
    They were 6 weeks ahead of schedule for our build. I can't help with stages because I don't recall. We reserved in late June - the walls were still being built, no roof etc. The expected date was first week November. They clamoured for completion at end September.
  • ktcoil
    ktcoil Posts: 559 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    thank you :)
  • ktcoil
    ktcoil Posts: 559 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    yea just a little worried now as we have used there mortgage and they have gave us the go ahead but now its the wait for it to get to stage 4 and then other people are going to try and get to the office to pay fee to hold plot(cant be done over the phone), if we miss out its a wait till May 2018 and that's for 2 houses two which we could again miss out on.

Now there is a mortgage search on our file.
  • DHowe92
    Options
    Hey,

I've been looking for a list of what the different stages mean for Gleeson online and haven't found a thing but did find this thread...

I have reserved a plot with Gleeson and am in the process of mortgage application etc. The paperwork and sales advisor have said the plot is at Stage 4. Having driven round to the plot to see if work had started, the foundations seem to have been began and that is all. So perhaps Stage 4 is work beginning? To put further context to this, I was told the house will be built by June-17 and the build time is 20-21 weeks (heard 16 weeks at a different developer).

Having dealt with twin Gleeson developments, found the sales reps hugely helpful. We were interested in 1 plot which wouldn't be available to reserve until mid-2017 at best and they offered to put us to the front of the queue due to our keenness. So perhaps that's something to ask about?
  • Tilly89
    Options
    Hi, We are buying with Gleeson and our home is around build stage 18 (i think out of 22) We are booked in for our final inspection 21st April with view to complete by the end of April if not it all might be sooner.
    Gleeson are not slow in my experience.

We reserved at build stage 7 on 12th Dec and i think I remember the sales negotiator saying that means about waist high but we didn't see it.
    By7th Jan (they were closed over Christmas/new year) it was build to the start of the upstairs. By 4th Feb the roof was on and 12th Feb we had windows and doors. As of last week when we were allowed inside we have electric and plumbing and has been plastered. By the end of this week we are told it will be painted, tiled, kitchen and bathroom fitted.

If you are given the opportunity to reserve i would say don't hesitate. There is no time to drag your feet as with the price of Glesson homes they aren't for sale for long. We might have picked a different plot if we could choose from any but with a waiting list for the 3 beds to be released we snapped up the last 2 bed.
  • Pog2000
    Options
    Here you go

1 Excavate

2 Brick to DPC

3 Internal and back fill

4 concrete slab & external drain

5 Brick 1st lift

6 Brick 2nd lift

7 Floor Joists

8 Brick 3rd lift

9 Brick 4th Lift

10 Joiner Roof

11 Top out roof on

12 Roof tile

13 1st fix joiner

14 1st fix plumber

15 plasterboard

16 skim

17 2nd fix joiner & plumber

18 2nd fix plumber and electrician

19 paint

20 third fix

21 CML build complete fax to HO

22 Arrange finalinspection with client
  • Calpatterson
    Options
    Any idea how long roughly from build stage 13 to completion ? I was originally told a late June completion but has now been delayed until potentially early August which I'm hoping won't be the case.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport