IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge Notice, CCJ

Options
13»

Comments

• Rock_007
    Rock_007 Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 February 2017 at 12:25AM
    Options
    thanks for the reply, i will take the case (PACE Recovery and Storage v Mr N C6GF14F0 )with me tomorrow.

I checked CPR 27.9 and it states that any party who is not coming should give at least 7 day notice if they the hearing to happen according to the evidence provided but in my case they informed me just 2 days before the hearing doesn't make any difference.....?
  • Kind_Of_Irritated
    Options
    OK. TY. But I still wonder how on earth we are to know how qualified is the solicitor's agent facing us?

I would have no idea just by looking at them. And a lot of advice I have seen says don't get into conversation with them.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    OK. TY. But I still wonder how on earth we are to know how qualified is the solicitor's agent facing us?

I would have no idea just by looking at them. And a lot of advice I have seen says don't get into conversation with them.

raise your concerns to the judge , the moment the name is mentioned
  • Rock_007
    Options
    HI ALL, the hearing took place today. Neither the Claimant or his solicitor showed up. The judge decided to look through their papers and ruled in my favour based on the fact that they didn't give enough notice according to CRP 27.9 and also because they don't have the site plan ( from Land Registry I think) in order to prove where the incident happened. Off course they have the right to appeal to circuit court ...
    I am happy to share with you all the letter etc if this might help others in similar situation.

Thank you again for all the support and advice.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did you claim your costs/expenses?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Rock_007
    Options
    yes, i claimed for petrol, parking and for the day i took off from work... the only part the judge didnt completely agree with that i asked around £70 for the day off from work based on the payslips and the judge allowed around £25 so i will get paid around £40 in total from the claimant.... but not sure how will i get the money as the claimant doesn't have my bank details or my current address e.tc ....
  • Kind_Of_Irritated
    Options
    Well done Rock_007. :j
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Rock_007 wrote: »
    yes, i claimed for petrol, parking and for the day i took off from work... the only part the judge didnt completely agree with that i asked around £70 for the day off from work based on the payslips and the judge allowed around £25 so i will get paid around £40 in total from the claimant.... but not sure how will i get the money as the claimant doesn't have my bank details or my current address e.tc ....

where did they serve the court papers too?
  • Commoner
    Options
    Well Done Rock_007, Even I have been issued a Parking Charge notice from Parking and Property Management Ltd for parking in my own parking space at an apartment in Staines. I am feeling better that someone has already had success challenging the charge. I think I now need to get ready to keep my cool with a wave of harassment letters due to come in.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Commoner wrote: »
    Well Done Rock_007, Even I have been issued a Parking Charge notice from Parking and Property Management Ltd for parking in my own parking space at an apartment in Staines. I am feeling better that someone has already had success challenging the charge. I think I now need to get ready to keep my cool with a wave of harassment letters due to come in.
    Dig out your AST or lease and complain to the managing agents about derogation from grant, informing them you intend to counter-sue PPM and the agents for misuse of your DVLA acquired data (let them get it from the DVLA, your position can be stronger if you don't rush to appeal). Tell them they are disregarding your rights and trying to impose terms which do not form part of your AST or lease:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html

Start your own thread about this as you need to be proactive, not sit back. You will be fighting Gladstones in court yourself this year and you need the managing agents and their hired protection racket to get the Hell out of your space. Revoke any implied access to your space immediately.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure