We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lower voltage sockets

2»

Comments

  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Arh the tones of big Clive. Must watch that later
  • I was sceptical - my thoughts were that everyone would be doing it if it was that good...

    He has already done it, so I will save my now very informative sarcasm of it all until he winds me up next! haha

    Thanks for all the help and responses. I know I could count on some straight forward common sense on here.
  • CashStrapped
    CashStrapped Posts: 1,305 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 12 February 2017 at 8:15PM
    He has already done it.

    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxaPI05h4x7PP5sCdmG3VF0CGuHV_YSlNqvFJSeFf7sTfmiuiG



    Actually......it would be far more useful to get information on the company he used, the name of the unit (possibly photos) which we can then use to debunk on here.

    So if others are tempted, they may search for it and the debunked claims will come up in search results.

    I would ask about it as if you are generally interested so he is more willing to show it off etc.

    It could help people falling for the same scam (if indeed what he has installed is what we think it is).
  • Good idea, and when I do catch the elusive sod I will do so. And then just hope he ain't on this forum... lol
  • Count them, then tell us how many individual actual motors you actually have in your house, this snake oil American [import] saving was doing the rounds big time about 20+ years ago.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I do recall that when the US withdrew most of its Forces from the U.K. some years ago and handed over its housing stock to local Councils, new residents found themselves having to pay for 120/240 volt inverters until such time as the electrical systems could be upgraded to U.K. standards.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • anyone think the OP doesn't really have "a colleague" ?
  • anyone think the OP doesn't really have "a colleague" ?

    Thanks for that! If said 'colleague' didn't exist, I certainly wouldn't be posting on a forum for more info for that very reason!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.