£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    My sister works in child are and swears by tea tree oil to deal with nits. Could be worth a try
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no nits :eek: fingers crossed the wet combing works!

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Yesterday's lists, before I get started on today's...

to do today (yesterday):
    1. Pack snacks for day away working. Done, but couldn't find anything for lunch so spend a few quid on sandwich etc.
    2. Pack the DCs' swim gear etc for this evening as it will all be a mad rush. Done.
    3. Make sourdough (will start it this morning and leave it to rise in the fridge all day I think). Not done, boo.
    4. Social media for both businesses. Done.

to do this week:
    1. Get ahead on one of my regular bits of work, in advance of the summer holidays.
    2. charity shop run with the tat that is cluttering up our hallway.
    3. finish spring (ha, maybe it will be done by autumn) cleaning upstairs.
    4. buy a washing up bowl!!!
    5. plan July's budget, once the month begins.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Week 20: Day 3

Seeing clients again today, which means another little bit of income invoices for at the end of the month, yay. I have earned enough to not only completely balance my budgets for July but also start to rebuild my business account cushion a little. Amazing how quickly it went down with a couple of extra spends and a couple of quiet months in the main business. A good lesson that putting a cushion in place is exactly that - a cushion to cover the lean months, not a spare savings account!

Will do another nit combing session today, but can't see any more after the initial trauma. Phew.

to do today:
    1. Pack snacks for visit to client this afternoon.
    2. Social media for both businesses.
    3. Tidy one room this morning.
    4. Clear the 'annoying little jobs' list in my bullet journal.

to do this week:
    1. Get ahead on one of my regular bits of work, in advance of the summer holidays.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    One more day until the end of the month. ONE MORE DAY. My budget is not enjoying the tension.

Had a NSD today, but nothing else really to report. Bits of work happening, would be happier if it was a bit more, but it's better than nothing. Will check in properly tomorrow.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I missed your morning post ;) You're normally the one I read while having my first coffee, no one else seems to be around that early!

Well done on the NSD :)
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Week 20: Day 6

Morning! Last day of the month FINALLY. Looking forward to planning out next month's budget once any transactions have gone out today that need to. I'll probably actually end up doing it tomorrow rather than today as I'm going to be quite busy today. I'm looking forward to seeing how we've done this month compared to last, as it doesn't feel like we've done too appallingly, and i'll be interested to see whether the reality matches up.

Off to stay with a relative this evening - they are going to redesign my website for me, with the aim of eventually merging my two businesses and hopefully upping my income in the longer term, so it's a 'work' weekend, but will still be fun. I think inevitably there will be some expectation of a meal out or similar, but hoping to keep spends to a minimum. Since the web design is coming for almost-free, I can't begrudge it, and will see it as a business, rather than a personal spend.

DH is taking the DCs to visit another relative, and I think they'll also have the odd spend on food etc, but no big days out planned, so hopefully it won't be too scary.

Now i just need to spend the morning packing, make sure all the bags go off with the right people and make some picnic dinners for us all.

to do today:
    1. make flatbreads.
    2. make picnic dinner.
    3. pack for everyone (apart from DH, who can manage his own, I expect).
    4. pop to the shop for snacks for the journey - cheaper than giving in to demand for stopping at a services and spending a tenner on chocolate!
    5. send out invoices for June's work - if my maths are right this will cover the whole of my business 'cushion' for August, and a little bit of September. Inching my way back up to a three month cushion!

to do this week:
  • armchairexpert
    Options
    Happy July! It is cracking me up to see the washing up bowl appear on your list every day. I think in a strange way I'll miss it once it's purchased.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend :D x
  • LadyP01
    LadyP01 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dropping by to see how your getting on, in week 20 and your doing fab keeps me inspired
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback