Are you in the closet? Poll results

Poll ran between 25 Sept - 01 Oct 07. Are you in the closet?

When you save money, get a bargain, or cut the cost, do you proudly boast about it to all and sundry, or do you keep quiet, sorting your cash on the side so you can pretend to be carefree about cash?

Which of these is closest to your attitude?
A. Proud to be a MoneySaver. I boast to all and sundry 40% (1176 votes)
B. I'm only out to close friends. I tell a few but keep it quiet to most 21% (609 votes)
C. On money yes, on bargains no. I boast about good credit cards, I keep quiet about buying cheap stuff 2% (46 votes)
D. On bargains yes, on money no. I boast about bargain buys but not my finances 30% (888 votes)
E. I'm not a real MoneySaver. I don't do it often enough to boast about 5% (150 votes)
F. I'm a MoneySpender. I'm just starting out, too soon to say 4% (105 votes)

This vote has ended, but you can still discuss it below.

Thanks to everybody that voted :)

threadbanner.gif
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]

Replies

• My family and friends know I shop for 'everyday' bargains but I do keep quiet about birthday/xmas gifts - not only do I NEVER pay full price but what they get depends on what vouchers I received over the year from survey sites/pigsback etc.

:cool:
  • I always buy everything as cheaply as I can, I always advise others to do the same, I also look for the best value financial products and tell others to do the same. I guess I'm proud to be a moneysaver.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • I don't mind spending money that I need to spend, but I hate wasting money that I don't need to spend. e.g. I am a smoker but smoke roll ups and only spend in a week what most smokers spend in a day, so yes, I am proud to be a Money Saver!!
  • I tell everyone I know about things like Quidco savings on car & home insurance Etc.

When I get sales calls from my insurer & they try to sell me AA/RAC cover I say I paid £9 per year & that SHOCKS them....they always ask how!
  • I am proud to be a money saver :money:

People are quite happy to laugh about how they have blown their entire wage packet on a pair of boots, so why is it embarrassing to admit that I am working hard to get out of debt?

I suppose I have a good excuse as I am a student. I'm actually pleased to be able to say to people 'the reason I am eating a packed lunch / not going out over the weekend is because I am trying to save some money and hopefully clear my debts'.

I think its good to talk about moneysaving, as Martin says in his book, why is it still considered rude to talk openly about money?
    :eek: Total debt £21,000 :eek:
    Weight loss to date - 2 st, 2lb:j
  • eco123 wrote: »
    When I get sales calls from my insurer & they try to sell me AA/RAC cover I say I paid £9 per year & that SHOCKS them....they always ask how!
    How then?
    I have had to add this extra line that does nothing as the system deemed my response too short :)
  • I am definitely an A

Proud to be tight.
    I used to be exceedingly self-disciplined and frugal. But now I don't need to be, so now it's pure tightness :)

And I am proud of that.

No matter how much money you have, you can still only spend it once.
  • Poll ran between 25 Sept - 01 Oct 07. Are you in the closet?

When you save money, get a bargain, or cut the cost, do you proudly boast about it to all and sundry, or do you keep quiet, sorting your cash on the side so you can pretend to be carefree about cash?

Which of these is closest to your attitude?
    A. Proud to be a MoneySaver. I boast to all and sundry 40% (1176 votes)
    B. I'm only out to close friends. I tell a few but keep it quiet to most 21% (609 votes)
    C. On money yes, on bargains no. I boast about good credit cards, I keep quiet about buying cheap stuff 2% (46 votes)
    D. On bargains yes, on money no. I boast about bargain buys but not my finances 30% (888 votes)
    E. I'm not a real MoneySaver. I don't do it often enough to boast about 5% (150 votes)
    F. I'm a MoneySpender. I'm just starting out, too soon to say 4% (105 votes)

This vote has ended, but you can still discuss it below.

Thanks to everybody that voted :)

threadbanner.gif
  • droniddronid Forumite
    592 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Very proud to be a moneysaver and have circulated the details when in other countries around the world for travellers to the UK, expats with families in the UK and pretty much anyone I meet.

It's even on my (free) business cards!

I could make it better myself at home. All I need is a small aubergine...

I moved to Liverpool for a better life.
    And goodness, it's turned out to be better and busier!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals