We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Cheaper to separate Gas and Electricity suppliers
Just checked the Cheap Energy Club as my BG Collective Fix is coming to an end on 28th February.
I use about 5200 kwh electricity and 19500 kwh gas each year. On my current deal I was paying about £1060 per year for both. At the end of the month I go onto BG standard tariff of £1553 per year!!! That's some jump!
Cheapest dual fuel tariff is Iresa at £1263 per year, but they don't get great feedback. If I separate them, I will pay £610 a year for Gas with Better Energy and £646 a year with Robin Hood Energy for electricity. Only saving £7 a year by separating them, but the feedback ratings for Better Energy and Robin Hood are much better in the high 70's.
I'll hold off until next week to see how good the new CEC Collective Fix is before I decide what to do. But just remember, don't assume that a Dual Fuel tariff will be cheaper, as this isn't always the case.
I use about 5200 kwh electricity and 19500 kwh gas each year. On my current deal I was paying about £1060 per year for both. At the end of the month I go onto BG standard tariff of £1553 per year!!! That's some jump!
Cheapest dual fuel tariff is Iresa at £1263 per year, but they don't get great feedback. If I separate them, I will pay £610 a year for Gas with Better Energy and £646 a year with Robin Hood Energy for electricity. Only saving £7 a year by separating them, but the feedback ratings for Better Energy and Robin Hood are much better in the high 70's.
I'll hold off until next week to see how good the new CEC Collective Fix is before I decide what to do. But just remember, don't assume that a Dual Fuel tariff will be cheaper, as this isn't always the case.
0
Comments
-
Just checked the Cheap Energy Club as my BG Collective Fix is coming to an end on 28th February.
I use about 5200 kwh electricity and 19500 kwh gas each year. On my current deal I was paying about £1060 per year for both. At the end of the month I go onto BG standard tariff of £1553 per year!!! That's some jump!
Cheapest dual fuel tariff is Iresa at £1263 per year, but they don't get great feedback. If I separate them, I will pay £610 a year for Gas with Better Energy and £646 a year with Robin Hood Energy for electricity. Only saving £7 a year by separating them, but the feedback ratings for Better Energy and Robin Hood are much better in the high 70's.
I'll hold off until next week to see how good the new CEC Collective Fix is before I decide what to do. But just remember, don't assume that a Dual Fuel tariff will be cheaper, as this isn't always the case.
Iresea only had 8 votes which is hardly conclusive......And no exit fees0 -
I accept that, but the thing that worries me with Iresa is posts 77 and 80 here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/54549790
-
I accept that, but the thing that worries me with Iresa is posts 77 and 80 here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5454979
All suppliers have issues and that includes Iresa. FWiW, I have two concerns at the moment. Firstly, I sense that their rapid growth has given them some CS issues and, as yet, they still have to address their use of a fixed calorific value figure on gas bills. I am happy to stay with them for the moment as I know my supply and credit balance are protected.
Post 77 was written before Ofgem changed its policy on consumer protection.This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
