🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    have_a_good_day_b3f3fd060464a6f774fec0fff6f58a6f.gif all :wave:

lovely sunny morning here again flowerz.gif
    hope it's a nice one for you all & hope
    it warms up for you rose x
    hello frenchfancy89 :hello: & welcome to the inn tchintchin.gif
    I always tick the no marketing & have won lots of times so
    no, I don't think it harms your chances,
    re waiting for your first win,
    tbh I can't remember as I've been comping for what seems
    like too many years lol,
    when it used to be snail mail/slogans etc long before the internet took over :eek::D
    there's a few threads in the CCC
    (Compers Chat Corner) re first wins
    that look like they would help/be of interest to you
    if it helps..ie:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4226203&highlight=how+long+before+you+won

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4609851&highlight=how+long+before+you+won

well, just finished my online shop so am off now to
    play catch up comps lol :D
    have a lovely, lucky day all mini-graphics-disney-359650.gif
    x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sunny here to FireFly.

Welcome frenchfancy. Firefly's links will show you that some people win something very quickly and others it takes longer. I started about two and a half years ago and didn't win anything for four months then had some very good wins. As you fill in a Comp dream I might win this that's it motto is complete and then forget and who knows what might come your way. Like Firefly I don't tick unless required and it doesn't seem to make a difference to winning. Emails are something you do get quicker at deleting. Good luck with your comping and take care of yourself plus one.

Just been looking and a lot of papers are writing about a survey on best views in Britain, it's something to do with a new Samsung phone. The best pics I found in the Mail. Britain has some beautiful places if you are lucky with the weather. Made me think of Sheils. Hope you are having a good time.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4399486/Snowdonia-voted-UK-s-spectacular-view.html

Wishing everyone a good and lucky day.
  • fire**fly
    Options
    wow, fantastic pictures leanfun thanks &
    thanks for the link :A:T
    enjoying looking at them :dance:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• frenchfancy89
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and links, they seem pretty useful :)
    and love the enter and forget thing as obviously can't get hung up on whether i win or not :)

hope you all have a great day compers
    Winnings 2017 - adventure outdoors book, £25 cheque, Aden & Anais muslins, Dinner at La Bonne Auberge, £5.70 TCB
    Wish List - Mobile Phone, TV, Laptop, Family Holiday, ££££, Weekend Getaway :starmod:

• AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    ea35c96c77fa2c1bac173affc0b7dabf.jpg

Hellooee everyone :hello:

Hope you're all ok on yet another beautiful weather day.

smileys-sunbathing-447880.gif

Sorry to hear of your internet problems sylv. It's brilliant
    that you've now got your lappy up and running again. :T

Many thanks for the link leanfun - absolutely stunning
    views!

:wave: Hi frenchfancy and welcome. :D Got my fingers n'
    paws crossed for wins to come winging their way to
    you. :j Best of luck and take care. :) xxx

Well must get on, got loads to do. :p Have a lovely and
    lucky rest of the day all.

Alfie xxx smileys-coffee-571508.gif
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone :wave:

Welcome frenchfancy and good luck comping :)

Sylvia, glad you sorted out your laptop. Wouldn't it be great if a pic/laptop/iPad would just run smoothly, update itself and without hassle! :o

Did you see any hedgehogs in the garden fire**fly? There was a cute video on fb where a hedgehog fell backwards and pushed its little hands out to save itself! :D
    It definitively does feel more like June rather than April :) I'm loving the nice weather!

Hope you're having a nice time Sheils on your break and enjoy your meal too! :)

Alfie I thought of you on Saturday when I was trying to help with mums garden. I was thinking ..."how does Alfie do it all the time!" I'm totally useless when it comes to gardening but I tried! :p Happy gardening week! ;)

Well done winning the tickets Leanfun but sorry they weren't suitable for your GK's. I often enter things without reading small print like when I entered for tickets for something and ended up winning a nightclub ticket for the same day which was the other side of the country to me! Not sure how that happened!

Oh dear Rose, sorry to hear you had a mishap falling over GS xx Hope you got your water sorted out.

We had a glorious sunny day on Sunday. Took DD to gymnastics then got two lines of washing out, bed sheets etc before going to watch sons last league match. It was only 20 mins away but it was windy there compared to our way. Anyhow, sons team won the league so are now promoted and son got top goal scorer too for the league :)
    We passed a delivery van that was parked up and all I heard was..."help, hello...can you open the doors and let me out!" Turns out the delivery driver had locked himself in the van and hadn't realised there was a handle to open it! :D I thought it was a prank at first! :D
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was going to suggest that you restore from your last back-up Sylvia, not sure how you managed to wipe everything out, but it is easily done if you are not 100% with what you are doing.

Firefox can be made to repair itself if it goes wrong, without deleting anything or getting yourself in a pickle.
    Find your Menu Bar at the top of the screen. (File, Edit ... Help )
    Click Help>Troubleshooting Information > and then Refresh Firefox in the top right hand corner of the page that appears.
    This solves most problems, in fact typing this has reminded me that I need to do it myself.

Thanks, problem was I just didn't know who to do and panicked I think. Will know for next time, didn't realise I had a saved copy TBH until I started working through things after a couple of days brooding over it. Silly thing is if it had been hubbies lap top I would probably have sorted it early as he has less clue thank me LOL.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you have all had a good day. DS came today so we went into town for coffee and catch up etc.

Welcome frenchfancy and good luck with your comping.

Will catch you all tomorrow.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • fire**fly
    Options
    21449b7a4190b88e442e4d56b93a9b3e.gif
    good morning all :wave:

very breezy out this morning & looks like rain heading our way,

hiya wingo, yes, I saw one of the hedgie's snuffling round early hours the other morning :dance:
    awww the vid sounds great would have loved to see that one :D
    lol @ the delivery driver locking himself in the van :D

great you got lappy sorted sylv x

hope you're feeling ok rose x

hope everyone's ok & have a lovely day all &
    lots of good luck mini-graphics-nature-998861.gif
    x

• AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQinu0Vr2ado_nTs7SULiR_86J9Pqc-hpfPrflsp-wbFrrSFqrVXghappyflower.gif

:hello: Good morning everyone

Hope you're all ok. :)

Think it's going to be a weather day like this today down
    my way .....

smileys-sunbathing-064675.gif

but don't think rain is on the cards at the mo. :p

wingobins wrote: »

Alfie I thought of you on Saturday when I was trying to help with mums garden. I was thinking ..."how does Alfie do it all the time!" I'm totally useless when it comes to gardening but I tried! :p Happy gardening week! ;)

We had a glorious sunny day on Sunday. Took DD to gymnastics then got two lines of washing out, bed sheets etc before going to watch sons last league match. It was only 20 mins away but it was windy there compared to our way. Anyhow, sons team won the league so are now promoted and son got top goal scorer too for the league :)
    We passed a delivery van that was parked up and all I heard was..."help, hello...can you open the doors and let me out!" Turns out the delivery driver had locked himself in the van and hadn't realised there was a handle to open it! :D I thought it was a prank at first! :D

Aww - many thanks re the gardening! :A At least you tried
    and that's brilliant news. :D :T Very well done to your son
    too - bet he's feeling chuffed and rightly so. :T

Hahahahaha at the delivery driver locking himself in the van!
    Sounds just like a Carry On film! :grin: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well must fly cos I've got loads to do today before lovely
    family arrive tomorrow. :p

Have a lovely and lucky day all and take care. :)

Alfie xxx printemps07.gif
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts