We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I have not got round to posting earlier but had to take stupid BP machine back to the hospital. Glad that is over, Lottie has been most upset everytime it went off and drove us mad.

Well done on your wins leanfun and Rose.

Have a lovely evening all.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2017 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Watching Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and never laughed so much in a while. Any fans of Mrs Brown she is on as the guest announcer. Robbie Williams is on as well. Well done on your second win of the day leanfun. I can't for the life of me win a can of soup and a mug. lol:j:j:D Bet you are relieved sylvia that BP machine has gone. (((((((hugs)))))))
  • rosemac
    Options
    Nipped up to Lidl for a few things and from Thursday they have bags of lemons on at 69p. So going to stock up and make some lemon curd as I am down to my last jar and family and dil's family love it as well. As I was passing the pub which is about half way between me and supermarket stopped for a listen to the band that was on it was fab. There is a convenient bus stop next to it . So didn't get any funny looks by the peeps that were out having a cig. Just poured myself a large gin and tonic. Not had one in a while. So cheers peeps. Hope you are all having a nice evening.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    wow at tom on the voice tonight singing :T:T
    he's still got it :dance:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ho Thanks Rose. Had begun to give up on winning a mug. I've only been doing the a Tesco one and today did the Asda one for the first time.
    Cheers with you G&t

Sylvia great you are done with machine lo on Lotttie.

Firefly Tom must be feeling better after wife died. Read he has been going out with Precilla Presley. I think they have been friends for decades. So might be nothing in it.
  • rosemac
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    wow at tom on the voice tonight singing :T:T
    he's still got it :dance:
    I completely agree ff. Did you see Will i Am pointing at his hat lol. Love his comments.
  • fire**fly
    Options
    yummy rose :A love home made lemon curd as well :drool:
    always good to listen to live bands :dance:
    we used to go to a club years ago that had live bands &
    always had a great time :dance:
    i'm having a nice steady evening thanks & had a baileys
    earlier :D enjoy your G&T tchintchin.gif
    yes, saw Will i Am dancing & commenting,
    was very good :dance:

hope you get a win soon with the soup/mug comp
    leanfun/rose, must be admitting I entered the 5 times a day
    on both & am always glad when I win early on
    them as they're a lot of time consuming to do,

thanks leanfun :A didn't know the info re tom & Pricilla,
    just googled & read up on it :D
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• rosemac
    Options
    ff he was a good friend with Elvis. I used to work in the Apollo Glasgow and you got to know a lot of things about bands. Most of them rehearsed below my office. Did not know Elvis. But I think they are in older years and just want friendship. Ozzy is a different story. Know of the stories of Tom Jones that I have read but never met him he was not an Apollo headline so I cannot comment on it.
  • rosemac
    Options
    Bought a pack of sharing walkers crisps at Lidl so will put in number later for comp. If I win a PS4 it is going to GD as DS and GS already have Xbox One and PS4 from me. She loves playing games but seems to get pushed out when they are playing. They do not let her touch them.
  • fire**fly
    Options
    am not going to comment either rose re tom as was quite
    surprised after reading his history/profile etc just now,
    had the impression he was mr. clean but seems he wasn't!
    haven't read Ozzys.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport