Reclaiming old Debenhams Card

Had a positive experience with Santander yesterday. Have sent an SAR as I know I had 2 Debenhams cards back in 2000. I rung Santander to see if they had my account details and not only did they have my account details but they also called up another two accounts with Dixons and Topshop that I completely forgot that I had. They say in 5 days my complaint will be registered for reclaiming back PPi and in 14 days should receive a letter with my claim details. After that the normal 8 weeks for investigating the complaint. For anyone dealing with the old Arcadia group cards can thoroughly recommend calling Santander directly.

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Santander will most likely reject it as they didn't sell you the product so have no liability. If they do then go to Genworth who have been paying out
  • Maybe not. I got an offer of £1300 from Santander for a Debenhams card through the post yesterday. I sent the letter in December, explaining that I'd only worked 12 hours per week so the ppi wouldn't have paid out, happened to find an old payslip which I forwarded them about 10 days ago, and they paying ppI plus interest back. Maybe something's changed. Hope yours comes through as successfully OP.
    TWBM 2010: 1) LCD TV 2)Hamper 3)Cash
    Win your Christmas Presents in 2010 Challenge member no. 4
    Jan... St Helier T-shirt
  • Help please, I completed the Money Supermarket Resolver forms in respect of my old Debenhams Store Card. I got an email/letter saying it was being passed to Santander.

Yesterday I got a letter from Santander saying they could not find any information confirming my account. Therefore I need to supply name(s) address(es) and account number.

This account goes back to the 1990's I believe and I have absolutely no way of finding the account number can anyone help please.

Dawn
  • If you don't have it and they don't have it, no.

You could gamble £10 on a SAR but I fear it would be money well wasted.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    michellejm wrote: »
    Maybe not. I got an offer of £1300 from Santander for a Debenhams card through the post yesterday. I sent the letter in December, explaining that I'd only worked 12 hours per week so the ppi wouldn't have paid out, happened to find an old payslip which I forwarded them about 10 days ago, and they paying ppI plus interest back. Maybe something's changed. Hope yours comes through as successfully OP.

Hence "most likely" not "will". That is why I was advising the poster of the next step if they do reject it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure