We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Switch to Scottish Power via MSEClub

I hope this the right place for this sort of dicussion/problem.

On 21-01-2017, I applied to switch to ScottishPower via the MoneySavingExpert website (MSE Club).

I got the following information regarding the expected process

our application to switch tariff has been sent to ScottishPower!
What happens next?

1. Today
Your application is sent from MoneySuperMarket.com to your new energy supplier(s).

2. In a week or so
If your switch is accepted - you will receive a welcome pack from your new supplier(s) confirming your application details.

3. Within two weeks
You will have a cooling-off period of 14 days to cancel your application. To do this please contact your new supplier(s) directly.

4. After two or four weeks
You will be asked to provide your new supplier(s) with a meter reading.

5. After four to six weeks
The switch is complete.

NONE of the above has happened. Who do I need to contact to get this resolved or am I being impatient?

Kind regards
Mosaddique

Comments

  • Hi mosaddique,

    Scottish Power should have been in touch and sent you a welcome pack by now, so I'd suggest that you give it a call on 0800 027 0072 and ask it for an update on your switch.

    If you have any problems following your call, then drop us an email to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll be able to take a look into this further for you.

    Hope this helps.

    MSE Laura
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    mosaddique wrote: »
    I hope this the right place for this sort of dicussion/problem.

    On 21-01-2017, I applied to switch to ScottishPower via the MoneySavingExpert website (MSE Club).

    I got the following information regarding the expected process

    our application to switch tariff has been sent to ScottishPower!
    What happens next?

    1. Today
    Your application is sent from MoneySuperMarket.com to your new energy supplier(s).

    2. In a week or so
    If your switch is accepted - you will receive a welcome pack from your new supplier(s) confirming your application details.

    3. Within two weeks
    You will have a cooling-off period of 14 days to cancel your application. To do this please contact your new supplier(s) directly.

    4. After two or four weeks
    You will be asked to provide your new supplier(s) with a meter reading.

    5. After four to six weeks
    The switch is complete.

    NONE of the above has happened. Who do I need to contact to get this resolved or am I being impatient?

    Kind regards
    Mosaddique

    There is a deal of confusion on this and other forums about the role of PCWs such as MSE Cheap Energy Club. PCWs are nothing more than referral sites. When an application to switch is made, the PCW passes the switch application on to the supplier who then takes on the responsibility for all aspects of the supply transfer. Normally, the customer will receive an acknowledgement of the application from the supplier within a day or so. If this hasn't happened, then I suggest that you ring the supplier and check whether they have an application to switch from you on their system.

    If not, then then something has gone awry and a complaint should be made against MSE Cheap Energy Club.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Hi mosaddique,

    I can see that you have also sent us an email in regards to this matter.

    I have replied back to you via this email, just asking for a few more details so we can get your application looked into.

    Kind regards
    Faye
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi Faye,

    I have responded to your email with the requested information.
    Hope you can now start the ball rolling.

    Many thanks and Kind Regards
    Mosaddique
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.