Options
14567810»

Comments

• Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gadfium wrote: »
    Blimey- you really are special. What time does the little yellow bus pick you up in the morning?:D:D

What am I going to do about it? Nothing, other than laughing and shaking my head. Why exactly would you think that I would do anything about your own stupidity?

ROFL you don't know very much do you.

For example Google "social profiling for credit scoring". It's coming if it's not already here but they can't do it if you have your social profile locked down. It's a compromise.

Could it be that my social profile is wide open so that long lost relatives can find me? It's at least possible don't you think? Could that also be the reason my whole family similarly have wide open social profiles. Worth thinking about don't you think.

Do you honestly think even for a moment that I haven't locked down my credit history? Google" CIFAS Protective Registration". And don't believe what you read about it on MSE. I got credit only last week. It just means extra steps to verify identity.

Do you think it's at least possible that I've been on the internet since it first started? Russian conferences on the Bitnet server in Finland? If that's true do you think I would already know about security?

Really, you need to look beyond the end of your nose.

You know, it's not the personal data that counts but what is done with it. But don't worry, you'll most likely get visitors when you go to the big house.

Lastly don't assume that when you post on a forum you're anonymous. Every time you post you reveal your IP address which can be viewed at least by forum administrators. From that IP address you can be identified. Indeed Forum Administrators may be compelled by law to reveal that IP address to law enforcement agencies.

Hey have a nice day.
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ChesterDog wrote: »
    ...and your avatar is surely not a real debit card is it?

Of course it is. Can't you see that?
  • ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    How strange.

Law enforcement agencies can force ISPs and forums to reveal my location and identity, so I might as well shout it all loudly to the whole world?
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
  • Gadfium
    Gadfium Posts: 763 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Publishing your name, address, DOB, family names freely is not the sensible choice. But, hey, you know better because you're a super-duper internet ninja. Nearly as clever as Jeremy Clarkson.
    Anthorn wrote: »
    But don't worry, you'll most likely get visitors when you go to the big house.
    What are you on about?
    Lastly don't assume that when you post on a forum you're anonymous. Every time you post you reveal your IP address which can be viewed at least by forum administrators. From that IP address you can be identified. Indeed Forum Administrators may be compelled by law to reveal that IP address to law enforcement agencies.
    Wow. No !!!!? Really? I didn't know that.
    /s :whistle:

If I wanted to post anonymously here then I'd be using a proxy and TOR.

Anyhoo, I'm done with this now. Pointing and laughing at daft pensioners isn't really how I want to spend my time. I hope that the toes get better:D
  • ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Of course it is. Can't you see that?

Oddly enough, no. It could be a facsimilie, a representative image of a specimen, or a genuine card.
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport