We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Question for EON online reps concerning transfer

icharus
icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
I transferred from EON to Iresa on 11 January. I recently received a letter from EON acknowledging the transfer.

I have been told that the electricity transfer has gone through but there seems to be a problem with the gas transfer. To quote Iresa Customer Services 'they have applied twice and it has been rejected twice' They could not provide a reason. How can I determine if and what the problem is at EON's end, regarding the gas transfer?

Comments

  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Are you unable to assist on this one Malc?
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    icharus wrote: »
    I transferred from EON to Iresa on 11 January. I recently received a letter from EON acknowledging the transfer.

    I have been told that the electricity transfer has gone through but there seems to be a problem with the gas transfer. To quote Iresa Customer Services 'they have applied twice and it has been rejected twice' They could not provide a reason. How can I determine if and what the problem is at EON's end, regarding the gas transfer?

    At the risk of asking the obvious, have you tried contacting Eon and asking them?
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    footyguy wrote: »
    At the risk of asking the obvious, have you tried contacting Eon and asking them?

    I thought I just had.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    icharus wrote: »
    I transferred from EON to Iresa on 11 January. I recently received a letter from EON acknowledging the transfer.

    I have been told that the electricity transfer has gone through but there seems to be a problem with the gas transfer. To quote Iresa Customer Services 'they have applied twice and it has been rejected twice' They could not provide a reason. How can I determine if and what the problem is at EON's end, regarding the gas transfer?

    Sorry for the late reply icharus. Missed your thread and then away from the Forums for a few days.

    When we object to a change of supplier, we'll write to explain why we've done this. Usually, it's either because of an outstanding balance or an issue with the meter details. As the electricity has gone through, I suspect it's the latter.

    With switches, all suppliers use the national databases that hold details of all residential meters in the country. A discrepancy here could lead to an objection. Has the gas meter been changed recently? If it has, it can take time for these databases to be updated and this, in turn, could lead to an objection if the old meter is applied for. I'd check the new supplier has applied for the gas meter at the property. Make sure they're asking for the serial number actually on the meter.

    Let me know what they say icharus. I'm back on the Forums at the moment so can reply quicker than before.

    Malc
    “Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Well, I've been riding the wave long enough and had been waiting and hoping either E.On pull something out the bag to keep me or the energy deal today offered me a good rate. But neither came. Wasn't prepared to go through as problems, nor pay upfront to Iresa.

    So, it's back to the supplier I moved from to go to E.ON's v19, Sainsbury's energy fixed Feb 2018. Just applied for the switch via CEC.

    Let's hope my switch back goes as smooth as the switch over. Fingers crossed

    If your going to put your foot in it, make sure your wearing fabulous shoes :cool2: :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.