We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
British Gas Cancelled Annual Boiler Service
Hi all,
May I seek some opinions please on the outcome I should expect from my complaint of the following:
I have Homecare 200 with British Gas and originally called for my annual boiler service on 04/10/16; I was after given an appointment 7 weeks away but a week before it was due British Gas called me up and cancelled it.
Flash forward to today, I am on my 4th cancelled appointment and the new appointment being offered for 18/03/17 - 5 months after my first phone call.
Unconvinced the appointment in March will go ahead I've called BG, cancelled my contract and filled a complaint.
I expect British Gas to refund what I have paid since September on this contract, but I feel as though this does not go far enough. British Gas in my opinion have been unreliable; inadequately resourced; inconveniencing; and unintelligent - I have been getting increasingly irate yet there are no notes to say I am a 4 x cancelled customer.
Does anyone here have a similar experience of cancelled appointments, and any advice of what to expect (push for) from my situation?
Many thanks
Janeynic
May I seek some opinions please on the outcome I should expect from my complaint of the following:
I have Homecare 200 with British Gas and originally called for my annual boiler service on 04/10/16; I was after given an appointment 7 weeks away but a week before it was due British Gas called me up and cancelled it.
Flash forward to today, I am on my 4th cancelled appointment and the new appointment being offered for 18/03/17 - 5 months after my first phone call.
Unconvinced the appointment in March will go ahead I've called BG, cancelled my contract and filled a complaint.
I expect British Gas to refund what I have paid since September on this contract, but I feel as though this does not go far enough. British Gas in my opinion have been unreliable; inadequately resourced; inconveniencing; and unintelligent - I have been getting increasingly irate yet there are no notes to say I am a 4 x cancelled customer.
Does anyone here have a similar experience of cancelled appointments, and any advice of what to expect (push for) from my situation?
Many thanks
Janeynic
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards