We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
cup to ounces or grams conversion
samsung_laptop
Posts: 301 Forumite
I have a recipe I want to make so could someone tell me the conversion from cup to ounces or grams as every website I've looked at they all say different.
½ cup salted butter,
2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups chocolate chunks
½ cup salted butter,
2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups chocolate chunks
0
Comments
-
But if all of the recipe is in cups, what about using a cup (small size mug or similar)?
0 -
This is a useful table -
https://www.dovesfarm.co.uk/resources/conversion-tables/us-cups-conversion-table/0 -
As the recipe is straight forward and all measurements are cups, just use something, anything, that will give you the right quantity you wish to eat at the end.
You can use buckets, or teaspoons, mugs, cups or whole bathtubs - so, how much quantity do you wish to make?0 -
I got sick of trying to figure this out and just bought a set of cups.''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood0
-
When a recipe is in all cups, like the one you've posted here, it doesn't matter what size the 'Cup' issamsung_laptop wrote: »I have a recipe I want to make so could someone tell me the conversion from cup to ounces or grams as every website I've looked at they all say different.
½ cup salted butter,
2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups chocolate chunks
You can use an eggcup. So long as you use 2 eggcups of creamy peanut butter, 3 eggcups of powdered sugar etc. your quantities will all be correct.
Or, you can use a washing up bowl to measure them out.
It's only when a recipe has some cups and then some other measurement, such as 3 eggs, that the cup size matters a little bit.0 -
Me too .....:)beautiful_ravens wrote: »I got sick of trying to figure this out and just bought a set of cups.0 -
For those saying they just bought cups ... there is a US cup size and a UK cup size.

Like gallons (we both use that term) the US measure is smaller than the UK measure.
UK cups are 250ml
US cups are 240ml0 -
Yep just something else to confuse lolPasturesNew wrote: »For those saying they just bought cups ... there is a US cup size and a UK cup size.
Like gallons (we both use that term) the US measure is smaller than the UK measure.
UK cups are 250ml
US cups are 240ml
..... Mine are UK but seem to be near enough to be ok for US recipes 0 -
I got one of these http://www.wilko.com/baking-utensils+gadgets/tala-cooks-dry-measures-cup/invt/0285151 (but didn't pay that much for it!) it's a great help! It has cups on there too

Not very helpful for you right now but in case it is in future!
0 -
I don't mind measuring dry goods like sugar and flour in cups, but find butter really tricky and messy. I wouldn't fancy measuring peanut butter that way.
I wonder if this is why boxed cake mixes are so popular in America?weaving through the chaos...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards