We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Scottish Power - worst company EVER!

Ok partly a warning to others - this is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. No-one will take ownership, they just fob you off to another department who will then fob you off somewhere else. They only do what they say they will about 50% of the time - and when it comes to sending an engineer so far it's 100% FAIL.

They promised to come out and do some work on the meters at my late father's house last May. I'm still waiting - 10 missed calls, and nine months later!

The complaint has been to the ombudsman - even after this, the engineer STILL failed to turn up.

Does anyone know what we have to do to get them to actually send an engineer, as promised? At the moment it seems like they can do what they like (or rather NOT do anything) and just get away with it.
«1

Comments

  • Contact your local MP
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    They've done what they've said 50% of the time? You're doing better than I did with them!

    If they're not doing what the Ombudsman said, go back to the Ombudsman and tell them.
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    There is a mandatory compensation scheme for customers who's meter engineer fails to turn up for an appointment - I think it now stands at £30 per failed visit

    So it seems that yet another Complaint letter is due to Scot. Power
  • Thanks guys - but been there, done that already!

    When I say they do what they say 50% of the time I'm talking about paying the £30 or other bits of compensation they have agreed, or phoning me back. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

    The ombudsman instructed them to pay £100 goodwill compensation (goodwill - that's a laugh). Still waiting.

    Scottish Power themselves told me they were crediting £48 to my account last week. Still waiting.

    Have already got my MP involved. As a result of that Scottish Power rang me and made yet another appointment for yesterday. Guess what?

    So this is TEN missed calls over a nine month period. It's been to the ombudsman and it's been to my MP. What else can I do? I think I should ring the Chief Exec myself. Does anyone know his name and number?

    It must be wonderful to not have to answer to anyone. Scottish Power just don't care and there doesn't seem to be anyone who can actually make them do what they have promised to do.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'd say keep on at the Ombudsman.
  • I spent over 62 minutes (2 x 31 minute calls) trying to speak to Scottish Power yesterday afternoon. It was infuriating waiting in the queue, it doesn't tell you where you are in the queue or how long you are likely to wait. I gave up. The website said the average wait time for the number I dialled was 5-10 minutes!
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Hi. I live in the city where ScottishPower is based. It seems they have transferred their customer services operations to KURA. They are constantly advertising for staff - they pay £7.20 an hour so not too much more than the minimum wage. I think it is disgraceful. I bet Iberdola staff in Spain get paid better and are employed directly. ScottishPower seems to be going down the tubes as a supplier and an employer.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ...

    The complaint has been to the ombudsman ...

    And what was the ombudsman's proposed resolution?

    Was it accepted by you?
  • CashStrapped
    CashStrapped Posts: 1,305 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 7 February 2017 at 6:33PM
    Jesus....I must always get through to a different scottish power. Never had one problem in 3+ years.....

    I had to ring them today to get the direct debit reduced as their automated system panicked after a meter reading and put it up way too high.

    5 min wait, direct debit reduced immediately. Job done.

    Out of curiosity, what does the "work to the meter" entail?
  • footyguy wrote: »
    And what was the ombudsman's proposed resolution?

    Was it accepted by you?

    Ombudsman's solution was for Scottish Power to pay guaranteed service payments & goodwill gesture, send a written apology and complete the visit. Yes I accepted it.

    Scottish Power have 28 days to implement the resolution. However, they made an appointment for yesterday - early in the 28 day period. I don't think it's acceptable to just not turn up (again). I know that technically the 28 days is not up yet but I don't think that should be used as an excuse. If they make an appointment they should keep it.

    Situation is ongoing. I contacted on all fronts this morning - via my MP, via the ombudsman and also myself telephoning and emailing top bods. Not sure which one they are responding to but I have spoken to a nice lady today who is trying to get another appointment booked. Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.