We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

GB Energy Smart Meter

millie
millie Posts: 1,603 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
I had a smart meter fitted by GB Energy 5 weeks before they ceased trading. It has never worked It did connect to the meter while the fitter was here. It never showed a tariff and and showed us using Gas only every other day. I phoned them several times with no result. Now Co-op has taken over they are still doing nothing about it. Every time I ring them I get told it has been passed to the back office. That's where it seems to stay as no one ever contacts me.


I have had no bill since the middle of November because the system wont let them put my readings in and the meter does not communicate with them. I cant put readings in online either as that wont accept them. Meanwhile I do not know what my balance is or how much I owe them.


Did anyone else have a smart meterfitted by them that works.

Comments

  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 5 February 2017 at 6:01PM
    Its fine. its a proper working dumb meter and will be accepted by nearly all the suppliers unless its a Secure Liberty smart gas meter in prepayment meter mode only.This meter is ok in credit meter mode, I ve seen quite a few around who have switched suppliers from Utilita. You can easily work out your usage by multiplying the gas units used, shown on the meter only, by 11 to get to kwh s then by the tariff you was on with GB (add 5% vat ) until they moved you to another suppliers account where you will be on their standard variable high tariff
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Its fine. its a proper working dumb meter and will be accepted by nearly all the suppliers unless its a Secure Liberty smart gas meter in prepayment meter mode only.This meter is ok in credit meter mode, I ve seen quite a few around who have switched suppliers from Utilita. You can easily work out your usage by multiplying the gas units used, shown on the meter only, by 11 to get to kwh s then by the tariff you was on with GB (add 5% vat ) until they moved you to another suppliers account where you will be on their standard variable high tariff



    They are keeping all GB Energy customers on their existing tariff until the end of their fixed term. If they were going to put me on a different tariff then it would not be a problem, I would move to another supplier, and although the meter may still not be compatable at least they or I could put my readings in.


    I suppose I can work it out myself but that still does not solve the problem of getting no bills.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.