We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Iresa : Does anyone know if this company do a hard credit check?

gvp444
gvp444 Posts: 16 Forumite
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
Although my credit score is 999 with Experian, a credit check last year by British gas stuffed me up and stopped me getting credit elsewhere for 6 months. Does anyone know if IRESA does a hard credit check. My MSE British gas fixed collective is coming to an end so need to change.


Thanks

Comments

  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I don't believe they do, there's no search on my report.

    Did you actually get turned down for credit as a result of the BG search though, or are you just concerned that you might have been if you'd needed any?
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • gvp444
    gvp444 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi


    Thanks. I got turned down because, for some reason, although my rating was 999, it showed 1 credit check in the last 6 months by BG so I was refused credit. This was for a balance transfer credit card with a supposedly 95% chance of success. As soon as the 6 months had passed and it was no longer shown as a mark on my credit report, I applied again and got credit without a problem.


    BG keep trying to get me to take out this smart meter tariff but I am sure Iresa is cheaper. But I am weary on credit checks and new companies.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 3 February 2017 at 4:44PM
    gvp444 wrote: »
    Hi


    Thanks. I got turned down because, for some reason, although my rating was 999, it showed 1 credit check in the last 6 months by BG so I was refused credit. This was for a balance transfer credit card with a supposedly 95% chance of success. As soon as the 6 months had passed and it was no longer shown as a mark on my credit report, I applied again and got credit without a problem.


    BG keep trying to get me to take out this smart meter tariff but I am sure Iresa is cheaper. But I am weary on credit checks and new companies.

    Run a comparison. BG's smart meter ToU tariff is just its standard variable tariff with 8 hours of free electricity a week. If you are interested in (a) having a smart meter and (b) having a genuine ToU tariff then look at the TIDE tariff at Greenenergyuk.com
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.