We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
All-Electric daily unit averages
Hi
I recently moved into an all electric flat with the dreaded panel heater/economy 7 set up, so I'm trying to be sparing until I can replace the panel heaters for smart storage ones. I have lived in all electric before but not with this set up, so hoping to compare my averages with others in all-electric with panel/convector heaters.
When I first moved in about 6 weeks ago I was blissfully ignorant I was burning through 20 units a day, with about 6 night units used. Since discovering the abysmal panel heater/economy 7 I've managed to get my usage down to 8-12 day units (night units average around 6 due to the immersion heating overnight)
I would really like to hear from those who also have an electric only place with panel heaters, to see if I'm overdoing it still. Once I can get the heaters replaced with NSH my usage will be a lot better I am hoping!
I recently moved into an all electric flat with the dreaded panel heater/economy 7 set up, so I'm trying to be sparing until I can replace the panel heaters for smart storage ones. I have lived in all electric before but not with this set up, so hoping to compare my averages with others in all-electric with panel/convector heaters.
When I first moved in about 6 weeks ago I was blissfully ignorant I was burning through 20 units a day, with about 6 night units used. Since discovering the abysmal panel heater/economy 7 I've managed to get my usage down to 8-12 day units (night units average around 6 due to the immersion heating overnight)
I would really like to hear from those who also have an electric only place with panel heaters, to see if I'm overdoing it still. Once I can get the heaters replaced with NSH my usage will be a lot better I am hoping!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards