We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Collective Fix Feb 2017 - Wrong Tarriff!
randsypants
Posts: 6 Forumite
in Energy
Hi all
Newbie here so go easy with me.
I've just been in touch with British Gas to see what they could offer me when my current fix ends which was The Collective switch Feb 2017 arranged through the Cheap Energy Club.
Straight away the operator said 'oh you're on the Standard tarriff, so we should be able to save you some money'. I queried it and he went away to check.
Long Story short, I've been paying the standard tariff instead of the discounted rates of the switch. He is going to investigate and get back to me at the weekend. Anyone else found this? Check now!
I suspect that mine has occurred when i had a smart meter fitted by them a few months into the fix. I'll keep you all updated but hopefully i'll have a nice rebate coming my way :j
Newbie here so go easy with me.
I've just been in touch with British Gas to see what they could offer me when my current fix ends which was The Collective switch Feb 2017 arranged through the Cheap Energy Club.
Straight away the operator said 'oh you're on the Standard tarriff, so we should be able to save you some money'. I queried it and he went away to check.
Long Story short, I've been paying the standard tariff instead of the discounted rates of the switch. He is going to investigate and get back to me at the weekend. Anyone else found this? Check now!
I suspect that mine has occurred when i had a smart meter fitted by them a few months into the fix. I'll keep you all updated but hopefully i'll have a nice rebate coming my way :j
0
Comments
-
Hi randsypants,
This sounds to me as though it could be the issue mentioned in our news story:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2016/08/british-gas-customers-put-on-most-expensive-tariff-in-smart-meter-error
Thanks,
MSE Laura0 -
yep, that sounds like it to me. Hopefully won't be any issues with a refund!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards