We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Big switch Scotland?

I am currently in the process of switching from BG to Iresa as my collective deal is coming to an end in February. I have noticed there is a possibility of another collective switch happening in Scotland. Would I be able to be part of the collective switch if I am in the middle of a process of switching from BG to Iresa?

Thanks, Gary.

Comments

  • Gary
    You would either have to cancel the switch to Iresa (assuming you are still within the 14 days from signing period) or wait for it to complete and then if the "possible switch" is still available go for it.

    Given that there was no switch for the English MSE readers, I really won't put any money on MSE delivering it for Scottish readers. That is my personal opinion and I hope I'm proved wrong. But it is your finances which are important to you and there is no guarantee that any collective would beat the Iresa deal. (Remember the small print is that the MSE collective deals are normally published where they beat the market for only the average user, you may not be an average user)
  • Thanks for reply. I'm on my 12th day of cooling off period. I might cancel this switch currently, then reapply in the morning for a switch to Iresa then if the big switch deal occurs and it's cheaper, cancel the switch again.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.