We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Npower sending the bailiffs
Having accumulated a debt on my npower account, and failing to come to a payment arrangement with npower (another story), I spoke to Meter Plus in October and consented to them fitting a pre-payment meter. They said that due to how long it takes to arrange, it would likely be fitted in January, so I thought nothing more about it.
As I hadn't heard anything, I rang npower last week and after being passed from pillar to post, the told me that they are now seeking a warrant to come and fit pre-payment meters. I argued my case, and told them, they don't need to seek a warrant because I've already given them permission, but as they have already got a court date, they said there is nothing they can do.
Ideally, I don't want pre-payment meters, but if it's the only way they will agree an affordable plan, then so be it, but I don't like the idea of the embarrasment of bailiffs turning up when I've already given them consent.
Is there anything I can do to prevent the action they are taking (other than payment the debt off which I cannot afford to do)?
By the way, I've not been told any details about where, or when they will be applying for a warrant, just that they will be coming to my house on 6th March.
As I hadn't heard anything, I rang npower last week and after being passed from pillar to post, the told me that they are now seeking a warrant to come and fit pre-payment meters. I argued my case, and told them, they don't need to seek a warrant because I've already given them permission, but as they have already got a court date, they said there is nothing they can do.
Ideally, I don't want pre-payment meters, but if it's the only way they will agree an affordable plan, then so be it, but I don't like the idea of the embarrasment of bailiffs turning up when I've already given them consent.
Is there anything I can do to prevent the action they are taking (other than payment the debt off which I cannot afford to do)?
By the way, I've not been told any details about where, or when they will be applying for a warrant, just that they will be coming to my house on 6th March.
0
Comments
-
All of this information will be being sent by letter. All of it. Why has it not arrived at your home? You need to ask npower that question.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards