I have no idea.

Options
I have no information to give. When I was married, my wife and I had mortgages with Barclays and with Bristol & West (no longer trading) and with a company that I just called up from a newspaper ad. That's all I know. I obviously know where I was living at the time but where do I start with such minimal information. The banks aren't going to help me are they?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It does seem as it you're lacking a few bits of information, such as which lenders you were with, whether you had PPI and why you were mis sold it.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The banks aren't going to help me are they?

Help you do what? You dont say what you are looking to do
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    I have no information to give. When I was married, my wife and I had mortgages with Barclays and with Bristol & West (no longer trading) and with a company that I just called up from a newspaper ad. That's all I know. I obviously know where I was living at the time but where do I start with such minimal information. The banks aren't going to help me are they?

You don't give dates; but, yes you are free to contact Barclays and complete a PPI Questionnaire.

Just complete as much as you can remember re any loans, credit cards etc.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mersey wrote: »
    You don't give dates; but, yes you are free to contact Barclays and complete a PPI Questionnaire.

Just complete as much as you can remember re any loans, credit cards etc.

Wouldn't it be more prudent to establish if they even had PPI first?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure