Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Moved into a house with a deemed business contract

in Energy
2 replies 444 views
MarktheHarpMarktheHarp Forumite
20 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi all,

I know Deemed Contracts are discussed from time to time, but I moved into a house that previous had a business supply (well, the downstairs was business, the upstairs was domestic!). Anyway ignoring that, the business supply was VERY expensive - something like 27p/unit day and 23p/unit night, with a standing chgarge of just under 62p/day.

It took npower from 5 Dec to 6 Jan to move this business account over to nPower domestic, and I'm wondering if I should be entitled to some sort of rebate from nPower - given it took them a long time to do the switch and because I thought these things were supposed to be reasonable charges where a customer is moving into a premises with an existing supply - for example as discussed in this paper from https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/38982/14319-deemed-contracts.pdf

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    If a business address was not in contract a when you took over a change to a better tariff would have been available much quicker. That was an unbelievably expensive Eco 7 rate,so bad I can t imagine any business user standing that price. I ve seen a few Eco 7 business rates over the years ( as a meter reader ) and they were similar to a domestic tariff
  • nPowernPower Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

I know Deemed Contracts are discussed from time to time, but I moved into a house that previous had a business supply (well, the downstairs was business, the upstairs was domestic!). Anyway ignoring that, the business supply was VERY expensive - something like 27p/unit day and 23p/unit night, with a standing chgarge of just under 62p/day.

It took npower from 5 Dec to 6 Jan to move this business account over to nPower domestic, and I'm wondering if I should be entitled to some sort of rebate from nPower - given it took them a long time to do the switch and because I thought these things were supposed to be reasonable charges where a customer is moving into a premises with an existing supply - for example as discussed in this paper from https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/38982/14319-deemed-contracts.pdf

Hi MarktheHarp

Please email me at the address showing on my page and I can get you connected with our Business team.

Thanks

Jade :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using [email protected] - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals