IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CP Plus Parking Charge

Options
Hi

Parked at Meadowhall shopping centre prior to Christmas and got a parking charge notice stating " Staff Parked in Designated Shoppers Space" . I do not work there and sent an email to CP plus on the 23/12/2016 and also copied in customer services at the shopping centre stating this.

I got an immediate email auto response from CP Plus saying:-

"Thank you for your enquiry/appeal/complaint.

As soon as an appeal is received, the time you have to pay the reduced amount is put on hold. Should your appeal not be upheld you will then have 14 days from receipt of our formal response to pay the reduced amount.
Please accept this auto-response as acknowledgement of your appeal; however a formal response may take up to 35 days."

I have had no further response to my initiail emain but today I got a letter from CP Plus for an outstanding Parking charge notice of £120.00 what is the best way of handling this please?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    email aos at the bpa and give them unredacted copies of all paperwork so far , a timeline of dates , stating that CP PLUS have breached the BPA CoP by artificially inflating the charge to a sum greater than £100 and not replying within the 35 days with either a cancellation or a popla code either , as per the CoP
  • LawrieDriver
    Options
    Thanks Redx, how do i contact AOS at the BPA, been on the website and cant see a contact email address?

Cheers
  • Redx
    Options
    please read the STICKY thread for NEWBIES , near the top of this forum , its ESSENTIAL READING
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Although I would use:

aos@britishparking.co.uk

and copy in CP Plus so they can see the complaint too.

I hope you didn't give away who was driving? I am worried you said 'I don't work there' which gives away the driver to a firm who only need that little bit if info and could NOT have held you liable as registered keeper...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Options
    thats why I said email aos at (@) the BPA (britishparking) , lol

people expect us to remember all the little details , whereas I put in what I could remember (I also expect an OP to do some digging and put some effort in)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure