Anyone any experience of the 'Photos' app in Win10?

Options
Hi.

I am able to use other photo viewing/modifying software but I was showing the missus the 'Photos' app that loads when she transfers images from her phone to the PC.

In opening the app afterwards I see that, although the 'Collection' view shows all photos in each month, the 'Albums' view, shows only a selection of images in each Album (displayed by Month).

If I click on a given Month, at the bottom it says 'Add or Remove Photos - xx related photos' and if I click on that, it shows all of the images for that month, some ticked and others not. It would seem that the app is looking at how similar the images are to each other and if it sees, say, one that looks just like another, it displays only one in a given album. You effectively have go through the 'add' process to get it to display all of the images in Album view. How weird is that?

I found a setting that allows you to turn on/off 'Linked Duplicates', which shows duplicate files as one file. I turned this off but it makes no difference. None of the files are duplicates - those not showing are similar but not identical to any others - e.g. two people in a kitchen, each photo showing them in different positions.

Any idea what's going on here and how to get 'Photos' to show all photos in an album?

As I say, not crucial, just weird.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family