Get a grip woman!

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I thought I would do a bit of an update on the house, as we are imminently going to be marketing it to sell.

We have spent all week tidying the garden, emptying old boxes and sorting through treasures that should not have been outside but were in the cart lodge. I think we can see the end. I boxed up a whole box of children's books and a whole box of old photos yesterday, and I have a couple of handbags to sell and a couple more for the charity shop, while the rest are in the bin (mould). Today there are three big boxes of children's things to go through - board games and toys that our Son would not want us to part with (he may be 25 but he loves his old memories).

We have agreed to the Estate Agent coming on Monday to take pics and draft the words (he is too busy to do it on Saturday) - he will also have the spare key and seems to think he may have a buyer, who is looking for an old house.

I will see my friend today for a quick lunch (monthly community - her turn to cook) and will speak to her again about the possibility of renting their BTL in the neighbouring town, as the place we are hoping to buy is uninhabitable at the moment.

For now, there are four boxes to go through and at least two dump runs to do with the trailer. Hopefully then I can turn my attention to the bedrooms and some housework before Monday :eek:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Busy busy!

Hope it all goes well and you have a lovely weekend :D
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you SL, i've just been through the getting the house on the market at a rapid pace as I found somewhere I liked enough to offer on. My dishwasher has become an amazing place to hide washing up that hasn't been done yet, under the beds are an Aladdins cave and can be hidden by throws :) I sent 2 car loads to friends/family to store for a short duration. I'm now just waiting for a buyer who doesn't think another room is magically going to appear (on a reasonably generous house) that isn't shown on the floorplan or who can realise that small children grow up so a grass garden with bank and patio really isn't a death trap :lol:
    I'd be interested to see your listing if it goes live as I have a vision in my head of your house :)
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Top tip re using the dishwasher. We have about eight of those plastic collapsible crates full of papers in our Son's old bedroom. I am seriously considering storing them in the kitchen roof!

Out doors while the sun shines. Bl**dy weeds! Every time DH sprays them it rains and they seem to have grown a foot this week. The veg garden looks really uncared for with all the thistles in the gravel. Who knew the membrane would give up so quickly! As for bindweed - it rivals Japanese Knot Weed for it's ability to grow up through things. There is loads in the veg beds. We haven't got the energy or inclination to dig out and sift all the soil, especially at this time of the year!
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm bad for bindweed - even where I dug a "ditch", put membrane down and filled it with slate chips - the bindweed is everywhere!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    I'm bad for bindweed - even where I dug a "ditch", put membrane down and filled it with slate chips - the bindweed is everywhere!

I think that's the thing with these old weeds. The kind we have in the flower beds is good, old fashioned convolvulus with the white flowers, but the stuff in the veg beds and the front garden is Convolvulus arvensis var. linearifolius with the narrower leaves and the pink and white flowers. It's a nightmare as it first grows to form a star on the ground, growing out in all directions before it starts winding its way up through plants.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Well that's it - the agent came round and took all the pics today and will email me the words as soon as he's written them up. We might have a viewing on Friday (OMG! panic, panic, the stuff stashed in places it didn't ought to be!) It will have to wait until tomorrow. I am shattered tonight after completely blitzing the whole house today. Thank goodness I worked a 15 hour day Tuesday. Absolutely no guilt about doing very little for work today.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Excellent news! Not the tiredness, the pix and the viewings! Things are really moving now :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Brill news on the viewing :D
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    How exciting re the pics and viewing!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback